“Very happy”

The Star
Price range: US$8 - US$47
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Recently refurbished pub serving a selection of wines, beers, soft drinks. Classic British cuisine. Light bites and Posh Sarnies at Lunch time, A La Carte with a Grill and Fixed Price Menu in the evenings and Sunday Roast
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I went to the star this evening with my partner he had a mixed grill and I had a veggie burger. The food was of excellent quality as they seem short staffed they did an amazing job will return happily and will recommend to my friends.

3  Thank Jenna O
There are newer reviews for The Star

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We have eaten here a few. Times. In the past the food has been average. This time we had a very good meal....tasty and good value. Hope the standard continues.

3  Thank Norman G
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Popped out to The Star for lunch with the family, was pleasantly surprised as the refurb has made it welcoming; lovely to see a piano in the pub and look forward to going back for a live music night.
Srvice was very fast and friendly, welcoming of our two fairly young kids and even better for a family with tight purse strings; the food was good and not over-priced. Taste and quality not compromised by the cost. I'm sure we will visit again.

3  Thank shinyshapter
Reviewed 28 July 2013

the pub seemed very nice when we arrived.clean,nicely decorated with good toilets.however we sat out in the pleasant court yard,my friend decided to smoke not realising it was a non smoking area only to be told by an abrupt member of staff that she could not smoke there.the abrupt tone and lack of manners was not necessary.
we unfortunately arrived just after lunch had finished.we would have eaten has thus not been the case.thought they could have offered us a sandwich if nothing else.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just had lunch at The Star, Lovely piping hot food, very reasonably priced. I guess it has just been re-decorated, very clean and tidy. If I am in LB in the near future I know where I will be eating.

1  Thank JSS280854