“Best Indian Restaurant in Town”

New Himalaya Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I've been going here for years and have never had a meal that wasn't brilliant! I highly recommend that you dine at the Himalaya.

2  Thank ealice21

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We went to this place as a special occasion and were not disappointed. The service was attentive but not too much so, the food was generous and as I would expect, the decor came as a surprise, very original. We will go again for sure.

2  Thank IanDeGama
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We have been eating at the Himalaya for over ten years and the food is always excellent. The owner is so friendly and always offers a warm welcome. I have never had a disappointing meal and would recommend it whole heartedly. .. they have a party room, a separate eating area for large groups which is lovely if you are celebrating something. Prices are reasonable and the food is always freshly prepared and cooked. I love the kushboo curry, it isn't on the new menu but if you ask they will happily make it for you, it's a lovely aromatic dish with lots of cinnamon. Delightful!

2  Thank lizziedav
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I visited the restaurant on a quiet Monday night with my cousin after a few beers. We are both food-loving 45 year old blokes with big appetites!
It being a Monday night, we were, for most of our meal, the only customers in this tastefully decorated, medium sized restaurant. However, this did not seem to affect either the warm welcome or the quality of the food.
The menu is extensive, offering several speciality dishes I had not encountered before. We decided to take the chef's advice and he chose a delicious variety of starters and main courses. All of the food seemed extremely fresh and well cooked, with sharp, distinct flavours. Each curry had its own, very distinctive taste, appearnce and texture, rather than the homogenous selection of oily sludge that is on offer all too often.
I cannot say that this was amongst the very best Indian meals I've eaten but it is certainly very good and head and shoulders above anything else I've had in Leighton Buzzard,

1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 19 September 2013

my Wife and I regularly visit this restaurant and are NEVER let down...

The food is always prepared, cooked and presented to a high standard and full of flavour.

I totally recommend the Aloo Dhan (Chef's Specials). The combination of minced lamb and tandori chicken are "off the hook". I never get bored of eating it..

My wife had the Chilli Garlic Chicken Bhuna...total winner!!

Added to that side orders we had the whole meal was superb and we always leave stuffed and happy.

Added to the food the staff are very friendly and attentive.

I always recommend this restaurant to friends and family, and the recommendation is always "on the money".

You have to try it...