“Only one rating for the bed!”
Review of Swan Hotel

Swan Hotel
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Only one rating for the bed!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Dearie me, this is the worst rating I have done!!
Cleanliness is next to..... Well maybe not Godliness in this day and age, but still close to everyone's hearts!! Do the cleaning staff at this hotel know that there is a nozzle attachment to go round the edges of carpets when you're vacuuming?!?!
We must have shared our stay with loads of skin flakes of other people in room112 this last weekend, and also their hairs in the bath plug hole!! I'm sure they were good decent people, but!!!!!!!
There was even dust on the wall next to the bedside table. Even I can't get dust to stick on the wall and I cleaned at home last year!!!
Rest assured that even though the eggs benedict on dirty plates with thumb smeared knife was good, there is no way that I would ever stay here again!
I love staying in different places but I really could have spent £74 better elsewhere!
Really, Wetherspoons, you are be big, but you could do a lot better!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle N, Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, we have worked on the problems and do hope you will give us another try.
I am able to offer you a discounted stay, please contact the hotel either by telephone or email and I will arrange this for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We've just had a one night stay and I have to say it was made really enjoyable. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel is clean and comfortable. Staff reserved us a table for our evening meal, which was lovely and we were a party of 11. All of our meals were hot and delicious, really can't fault it. The breakfast there is really good value too and more than filling. Slight downside is having a front bedroom as it was noisy till the early hours but that's nothing that the hotel can control,also unfortunately the front rooms have no air conditioning but they do provide fans so it's not too bad. All in all we had a lovely stay and if I ever found myself down that way again I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Thanks to all the staff, keep up the great work!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet nights sleep then stick to a rear bedroom. Same goes if you want air con.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Michelle N, Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your lovely comments. We are currently in the process of sorting air conditioning out for all our rooms. We do hope to see you again in the future.
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at the Swan Hotel on 6th July 2013, room 105, hottest day of the year. We were shocked to discover when we reached our room that there was no air conditioning and the windows were securely bolted down. We immediately complained and were given a fan, which we gave to our daughter and her husband who were also staying there. We were told that all windows in the hotel were bolted down for 'health and safety reasons'. Surely this is a fire hazard! We asked to be moved to room 102 as we could see it was vacant with an open window. We were told this room was occupied. The next morning the door was propped open, as it had been the previous evening, to air the first floor corridor near reception and it appeared that it was vacant.

We spent an airless and very noisy sleepless night and would certainly not stay there again.

Stuart and Gill
Luton

Room Tip: Don't sleep at the front, too noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Michelle N, Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
I am very sorry to hear you did not have a comfortable stay with us, we are currently in the process of getting air conditioning put into all our rooms. Room102 is one of our most popular rooms and is usually always booked. During the hot weather we have kept the door open in room 102 to allow some air to get in. This is usually done before and after the guest has stayed. If you ever decide to stay with us again we will ensure that you have a comfortable stay with us.

Travellers are raving about these Leighton Buzzard hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Only stayed for one night thank goodness, asked in advance for a quiet room, got 110 over the kitchen, complete with a load buzzing noise, moved to 306 over beer garden, say no more, it's open till well after midnight, the room was red hot only a small fan to cool down, the bathroom was so hot you stuck to the floor !! evening meal,, mixed grill, ,,steak under cooked rest overcooked. This is one place you should avoid, there are plenty more in the area

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bnbmoran
Michelle N, Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
I am very sorry to hear you did not have a comfortable stay with us and you found it to be noisy. The garden should be closed by midnight, I will ensure that this is controlled more by bar and door staff. We are currently in the process of having air conditioning installed into our rooms.
Should you decide to give us another try, please request a quiet room and we will ensure that you have an enjoyable stay.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Really very good. I'm not a snob but every time weatherspoons is mentioned I think, no thanks, i'll go somewhere else. We went to Leighton Buzzard for a friends party this weekend and she suggested The Swan. I didn't realise it was weatherspoons until I got there and was a little horrified! Well, no need to be horrified at all. Lovely reception and delightfully friendly recieptionist, small but very tidy, well decorated room, good bathroom with very good shower and a really comfy bed and good TV. Really, what more can you ask for a cheap night away. Cheap was the best bit about it. When we got there we needed something to eat and drink so went to the bar and ordered 2 x Nachos, a pint of larger and a large white wine. Huge Nachos, one would have been enough and we booked it to the room. Today, when we left, the bill, £93.50 all in.. NICE! The bar is a bit weatherspoonish but there's a lovely outside area and its got a large dining room too. If you're in Leighton Buzzard you won't get better for the price and you'll have a great nights sleep... One thing... The top floor rooms where we were are very hot at night. I was OK as there is a fan which was my side but my wife could really have done with air con but hey, the weather in the uk isn't usually that great anyway.. Enjoy.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kipims
Michelle N, General Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thanks very much for your kind words, I am glad we have converted you to a Wetherspoon friendly guest.
gateshead
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed here just for one night and didn't use the restaurant so can't comment on that. I had room 304 which was smallish but functional and clean, with a TV, tea & coffee making facilities etc. It was quite hot in the room, and with the windows open I could here all the clients drinking in the courtyard outside, but a fan was provided and the noise had stopped by midnight so no problem sleeping. The bed was comfy but could have done with some Fogarty pillows (sorry- have been spoilt by premier inn pillows!) as mine were a bit squashed. The receptionist was nice and offered to help with my bags as the lift doesn't go to the 3rd floor. I don't think I'd stay here for a quiet break as it's in the centre of town and quite noisy in the mornings, but I slept fine and have no complaints.

Room Tip: No lift to 3rd floor if you have bad knees choose 2nd or 1st! Also a room at the back might be quie...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your review of the hotel.

I will put your pillow suggestion forward, as a company we are always looking to improve things to being best in class for our guests and customers.

We hope to see you again soon.
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Family room beautifully decorated, spacious and clean. Gem in the middle of the town. Staff were excellent. The Canal is not too far away and some wonderful boutique shops. Staff will reserve a table for you as a hotel guest as this restaurant is the center of the community and is very busy from morning until night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Michelle N, General Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Thank you so much for your great review, we take great pride in making guests feel welcome and keeping the hotel, bar and restaurant in great condition.
We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leighton Buzzard
The Old Palace Lodge Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
The Woburn Hotel
The Woburn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Woburn
Best Western Moore Place Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor

Been to Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!