“Good hotel but pity about plant noise at night”
Review of Swan Hotel

Swan Hotel
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at this still quite newly refurbished hotel on a Sunday night while visiting family locally. The room rate on a Sunday night is £45 as opposed to £75 on other nights of the week, so that was an attraction in booking. The room was fine; a bit small but perfectly adequate for our purposes and the brief time we spent in it. Bathroom clean and modern. Bed comfortable. Initially, having a 2nd floor room at the back of the hotel seemed a bonus but our night's sleep was marred by continuous noise from nearby plant, probably servicing the hotel itself (aircon?). Even shutting the window did not block out the noise, and made the room hot and stuffy (we like night-time ventilation). Breakfast service was fine as we are familiar with the Wetherspoon brand. Knowing what a Wetherspoon pub can be like though, we wouldn't stay at this hotel on a Friday or Saturday night.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, then negotiate in advance with the hotel for a room in quieter location...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle N, Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We do not have a plant room but will look into what the noise was that was occuring.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had been to a wedding and could not book in till late. I asked for the room booked in my name by my sister and she said that the room hadn't been paid for and said we would have to pay cash if we wanted to have the room for the night. I had to wake my sister up and as soon as she was on the phone the receptionist suddenly was a able to process. My sister is a hotelier and as she said it was a ridiculous process just to get booked in and the fact I had a reference number to go with the book the receptionist had absolutely no right to ask us for payment in cash.
This coupled with the fact I unfortunately dropped some money in the room and when I put my hand under the bed I dragged out a white, or as once was a white sock. I left this by the bed in the room as it turned my stomach

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DarrenHurdsman74656

Thank you for your review. Firstly I would like to apologise. We do not take payment until the guest checks in but accept card or cash payments. As for the the housekeeping I will get them to focus on cleaning and hoovering under the bed.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Staff not attentive but too few staff for a busy pub, hotel. Clientele mixed but a good crowd. Hotel rooms very good. Free parking on street. The evening was generally good and people watching site at end of bar is worth the trip alone. ...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank paul k

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

4:30 in the morning and still no sleep. Cars outside with their engines rumbling constantly. Bass tones vibrating the windows. Shouting and boisterous guests outside the hotel. Will this night ever end?! It all looks so promising. Lovely room. Centre of town. I can't imagine how bad it must be if you need the window open on a summer's day! I won't ever be staying here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Philbarford

Thank you for your review I am sorry you didnt have a comfortable stay, unfortunately this is something we cannot control. If you decide to stay with us again then please request a corridor room which will be alot quiter.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I'm a big fan of the Wetherspoon chain and I'm now a big fan of their hotels. They have restored this old coaching in beautifully. It's only been running a few years now. Our room was quite snug though was very comfortable and had everything we needed. It was decent value and right in the centre of what is really a one street market town. The adjoined pub is really well done and as with most wether spoons you will get a great pint at a decent price.

Room Tip: If going at the weekend you may prefer a room away from the bar to limit noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle N, Manager at Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I booked a room for myself and my 9yr daughter after a long drive up earlier that night. The following morning (early) she was taking part in an important riding competition. Stifling hot room in arrival, sadly unable to keep the window open due to noise from outside, but that wasn't the worst if it. I cannot believe they put us above the nightclub!?! Still going at 2:30am. Would have had more sleep if we'd pulled over and slept in the car. Wish I'd read reviews before hand, as we got room allocated 114, seems you have to REQUEST a quiet room!!?! Dissatisfied doesn't come anywhere near close.

• Stayed: March 2014

I am very sorry to hear you did not have a comfortable stay with us and you found it to be noisy. I have emailed you directly. Should you decide to give us another try, please request a quiet room and we will ensure that you have an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I feel the rooms are nice but the prices compared to other hotels in the area are way to expensive.
I stay in leighton a lot but I will be staying in an other hotel in the future with much the same facilities but for much less money. also breakfast is NOT included in the price!!!

Room Tip: Seek out a cheaper alternative with the same facilities. also breakfast is NOT included in the price...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for you review. We are sorry you felt our room prices are expensive, if you consider staying with us again please look online for cheaper rates.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leighton Buzzard
#1 of 3 in Woburn
Redwings Lodge Dunstable
Redwings Lodge Dunstable
#5 of 9 in Dunstable

Been to Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!