“Excellent .”
Review of Boak House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coverack
Boak House
Ranked #1 of 7 Coverack B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Perfect situation , perfect accommodation , perfect service . Unable to find any fault , faultless . There is an almost unlimited breakfast menu , we had kippers , mackerel , hogs pudding , bacon and scrambled eggs . All served with joy in a conservatory with an unrivalled sea view . I challenge you to find a better B&B anywhere .

Room Tip: You'd struggle to find a bad one . We had Paris , Mother had lowlands . Take ship finder app and...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I say surreal because the view and the atmosphere is like being in an Enid Blyton or Agatha Christie novel. A wonderfully beautiful Cornish seaside village, bright sunlight sparkling off the waves and proper British hospitality in the shape of Bridget, her friendly dogs (and I say that as a cat person) and a welcoming gin and tonic (or was it two?!)

Was in Coverack for a wedding and the best bit was breakfast the following day, when I and other members of the wedding party sat in the sunroom enjoying an amazing breakfast of whatever you can imagine is your favourite breakfast and a view of, well, Blytonesque proportions.

The views from my room (at 90 degrees to each other) were equally amazing. I could have stayed in bed or in the sunroom all day. And for me that's saying something. Boak House is a reason to book a trip rather than the other way round.

Awesome!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I booked the 'Lowlands' room for a 3 night surprise trip for my partners 27th - I had never stayed in a bnb before so I didnt know what to expect but the reviews on here are absolutely spot on - I cannot express enough how fantastic this bnb is!

Not only are you met with a clean, comfortable, fresh room with views to die for - the host Bridget makes you feel like your home from home.

The full cornish breakfast is an absolute must however there is a large selection of cereals, fruit, yoghurt should you not wish to have a cooked breakfast ( the quality of the food is outstanding - especially the sausages and hogs pudding which is a must try)

Bridgets knowledge of the area is great so if your stuck on where to go and what to do she can point you in the right direction - nothing really is too much trouble.

Also as a lovely touch Bridgets daughter has recently qualified as a beautician and I decided to get my nails done while I was there. She did a great job and her prices are very good value.

For the best stay in Coverack visit Bridget! I will most definitely be returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

A beautiful room with a stunning view. Beds were comfy and our room felt so fresh. We very much appreciated the books Bridget thoughtfully put in our room and our friends' rooms--interesting reading and made for good conversation over breakfast. And breakfast was superb. Absolutely fantastic breakfast. Bridget gets all the details right. We'd love to return again soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Boak house and Bridget made this a fantastic break in Coverack. I cannot praise it enough. Bridget's hospitality and the accommodation were second to none. We were treated as friends and I hope it stays that way. Will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: Swimming pool and room service not applicable but could not get rid of this on review.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We spent four nights here - from the moment we entered Boak House we were made to feel welcome by Bridget - the hostess with the mostest! This was an enchanting setting overlooking Coverack Bay. The best 'full Cornish breakfast' ever. This holiday was a shear delight made even more enjoyable by Bridget's hospitality. If you want to stay in a fab B&B then this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jan K
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Treated as old friends by Bridget when we arrived on our trek round the SWCP. We were offered immediate refreshment. Our room in this lovely old house looked out in 2 directions over the harbour and the village. It was well equipped, warm, quiet and comfortable with a huge bed. Our bathroom was not ensuite but just across the landing. Not a problem, the house is quiet and we were supplied with a towelling robe for the journey of about 12 ft. Our breakfast choice was extensive from fruit, cereals, toast and any combination round the traditional breakfast, although I'm sure B. would have produced something else had one asked. In this atmosphere our fellow guests also morphed into friends and breakfast became extended. If we were to return to Coverack, this would be our first choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple