“Great place, could use better customer service.”

Northern Greens Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nipawin
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Fine stay, Management was not very interested in hearing any complaints, and was borderline rude. Stay was great, just not the most customer orientated. Beautiful view with an excellent golf course. Tobin lake is close by and offers great fishing and boating. The Regional park is a gem for families with young children.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank 12b

Reviewed 24 May 2013

My family and I stayed for one night on may long weekend. Everything was good until 4 days later I receive a call that the hide a bed is broken beyond repair and has to be replaced at our charge, almost $1000. I folded it up myself and KNOW it was not in the condition of the pictures they sent me. The pictures they sent show a board broken right off the front and the leather ripped with the nails and things exposed. I flipped it up and let it slide part way in but didn't finish closing it as I knew they'd have to take it out to wash the bedding. Due to the fact we have children they are jumping to the conclusion that our kids must have caused the damage. There's no way, and the damage would take force more than my kids ages 6 and under could have caused regardless. I'm trying to be reasonable and work with them to figure out what happened but there is no cooperation from their end. I also think they should have called us as soon as the damage was noted, not 4 days later. That day, I could have come right back to deal with it and try to figure it out, now I'm not about to make the trip up during seeding time to resolve this issue.

They also noted in an email that we had left the room unduly soiled. When I asked what was soiled as I cleaned up the room myself before we left. I was told that there was soiled bedding left by the door in the hallways and the toilet was plugged. One of my kids had been sick in the night and I had called them for extra bedding, thought it was best to put it in the hall than leave it in the room, it wasn't extremely dirty. As for the toilet, I didn't know and it wasn't overflowing or I would have known. I feel like its not the place to bring any families with young children.

I hadn't made a fuss when we arrived and the air conditioning wasn't working in the one room leaving my kids to sleep in an 80 degree room. I let them turn a fan on and left the adjoining door open at all times both for air circulation and to monitor my kids. They have jumped to the conclusion that things were damaged by our family when I insist they weren't and won't even entertain the idea that housekeeping or someone else could have done something.

Definitely take pictures and note things before you leave as you will be accused and charged, even if you didn't do it.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank cjtanner
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We were falsely accused of breaking a hide a bed, my kids are 6 and younger. We in no way were responsible for the damage and the Hotel only contacted us 4 days later. They charged our credit card under false pretences.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank 12b
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Great service. Very clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Nice big tv. Heated floors in the bathroom are great! Good restaurant across the parking lot. Meeting in second floor is great for small to medium sized groups.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great beds tv's and breakfast. Good restaurant at the curling club across the parking lot, and the gold course is right there too. By far the best place in town to stay no pool but they do have hot tubs never used them yet.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tkgawley
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I had to be in Nipawin for work one afternoon and didn't want the long drive back to Saskatoon afterwards. The Northern Greens was recommended to me and I'm really glad I stayed here. The hotel is located adjacent to a golf course and down a quiet street. The rooms were spotless with nice antique wooden furniture. WiFi worked well and the continental breakfast was a nice inclusion as well. The hotel is on the outside of town, so I did need to drive to get dinner. Though I have no plans to return to Nipawin, I would definately stay here again if did.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed one night here, and when I first entered my room, I thought it looked very dated. But the bed was very comfortable, everything was very clean, and quiet. There is a beautiful outdoor terrace with a gazebo which is lovely. The breakfast was ok, quite a line up for the waffle maker, but it had something for everybody.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Been to Northern Greens Resort? Share your experiences!