My wife and I spent two nights in the most decadent canvas surroundings you could imagine. The Safari tent at Ratua is the most private and wonderful space for a couple to stay. The water laps right up to the front of the veranda providing the most wonderful sound to sleep to.
My two children 17 and 13 stayed nearby in a 200 year old Indonesian fishing hut with their own private beach. The food was wonderful including a night crabbing where the kids caught their own dinner and helped the kitchen staff prepare it for their meal.
The snorkeling straight off the beach was terrific, but do wear reef shoes. Also the kids enjoyed riding the swimming horses from the ranch.
And the sunsets are fantastic!
I would not hesitate to recommend the resort for a relaxing few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ratua Island is a wild, magical place with authentic people who offer a simple and warm reception in a naturally beautiful environment. There are 13 individual 200-year-old Indonesian villas that have been specially reconstructed on sites offering stunning views with a private deck or beach. Located in the Vanuatu Archipelago, off the South East tip of Espiritu Santo, Ratua is only a 30-minute motorboat journey from the mainland on our own private motor launch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ratua Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ratua Private Island Hotel Luganville
- Ratua Private Island Vanuatu/Luganville