“Great place and amazing hosts!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hibiscus Attraction Center

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luganville
Hibiscus Attraction Center
“Great place and amazing hosts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed here for 3 weeks for my medical elective. I can genuinely say this is one of the best places I have stayed in over my travels.

The rooms have everything you need to make your stay comfy and they are cleaned regularly. There is a nice communal spot between the rooms to chill out. The location is great, 2 minutes from the supermarket and town but off on a side road which means it's quiet.

Marie and Lois are just amazing, you really feel welcomed and at home. They are also great for giving any local information and organising anything you need.

Laundry is free and will come back all nicely folded! Wifi is also free and is pretty good, was able to Skype easily.

I can't recommend this place enough, not only for babydocs of course but for anyone staying short or long term in Luganville!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed here for 3 weeks in August whilst doing my medical elective.

I had a big room with ensuite shower room and small cooking area (2 hobs, sink, fridge with small freezer space.) The shower always had hot water (which many places don't have!) and Marie, the owner, kindly pushed the 2 single beds together for me and made the bed up as a double as I was staying on my own. The rooms have big windows with curtains.

There's free WIFI available for guests. It can be accessed down one end of the block only so I had to use it whilst sitting on the benches outside (undercover) but know guests staying that end can access the wifi from inside their rooms :)

Marie was very helpful and was full of ideas of places to go, would organise taxis for you and offered to do my laundry numerous times for free. She was also keen to go dancing and showed us how to make island curry. I very much enjoyed my stay. Thanks Marie and Lois!

Room Tip: To access WIFI from inside your room you'll need to be in a rooms close to the gate
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed with Marie and Lois here for 4 weeks as a babydoc in January and can genuinely say that their welcome and hospitality made my trip into the trip of a lifetime. Marie was always on hand to help organise trips, tours, help us cook dinner with local ingredients, take us out partying and of course making sure she was kept up to date with all the gossip! You can even have a massage or go and do some pilates with Lois is you wish! The rooms are perfect size, incredibly clean and are cleaned immaculately every day. The small kitchen has everything you might need. Clothes are washed and pressed for free on request. The main street is 2 minutes walk away, the hospital (if like me you are here to 'work', is 10/15 minutes walk away) and dive shops a short 5 minute stroll away. Rates are incredibly reasonable. You should not even bother looking anywhere else if you are a baby doc coming to work in Santo. There is NOWHERE cheaper, cleaner, friendlier or better than Hibiscus. If you are not a babydoc, the same sentiments extend. I have travelled many places round the world and never felt so looked after, party of a family and happy as I did at Hibiscus. I can't wait to one day return. Miss you Marie and Lois!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed here as two girls for 8 weeks while in Santo on our medical elective. The rooms are spacious and cleaned everyday. The three single beds can be arranged to suit (perfect for mozzie nets if you want to out them up, not always required or making a double bed). The charge is per room, so especially good value if 2 or 3 people sharing. Ask about long term rates if staying for a while. Twin hob, fridge and sink make a perfectly functioning kitchen. Each room has a good sized bathroom with HOT WATER (not always available at other places) and one bag of laundry will be magically done each week. The place is run by the friendliest family who will help direct you around Santo for your stay (tourist info is not too helpful at all!). I really cannot recommend this place enough to any traveller; backpackers, families and especially babydocs.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed here for 5 weeks with my friend whilst on placement at the hospital. The location is perfect just round the corner from the main street and not far from the hospital. The rooms are very clean and spacious with brand new ensuite shower room and kitchenette comes in very useful. The owners Marie and lois will go out of their way to make your stay an enjoyable one and were always there to offer advice, book trips, teach local cooking and if your lucky Marie may even let you try some of the plants from her garden- chillis, lemongrass, curry plant and much more!
The price is very reasonable for short or long-term stay. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Myself and 2 friends stayed here for 4weeks while doing our medical elective in Santo. Marie and Lois made us feel welcome. Our room was clean and enough space for the three of us. Price was good for our long stay and as we were sharing one room. Cannot thank Marie enough for all her help in organising things for us, cooking with us and of course taking us out dancing on Friday nights!
As a babydoc (medical student) this was in a good location, short walk from hospital and very close to the main part of town. we also met other medical students (as well as non babydocs on holiday) staying there making our experience more enjoyable. Brilliant, friendly, clean accommodation in santo!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

My partner and I had a wonderful 6 week stay at Hibiscus while we we doing our medical elective at the local hospital. Hibiscus was clean, comfortable and local to everything, with a fantastic ambience that just made the whole experience so much more fun. There were other medical students staying there at the time, so we could socialise when we wanted to, but the large rooms (with own kitchenette and bathroom) meant that there was always privacy when we wanted it too. Marie and Lois looked after us all really well, with Marie taking the time to teach us how to cook island food, and helping us arrange day trips and transport to all the local attractions (Oyster Island, Champagne Beach, Million Dollar Point, Millenium Cave, the Blue Holes etc). I don't know what we would have done without her! The rates were really reasonable, especially if you're staying for a long period of time, and the experience was just really unbeatable. Thank you Marie and Lois for your hospitality! I really can't recommend Hibiscus highly enough - whether you're a medical student (Babydoc) or not, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple