“Thumbs Up”

Santo Island Dive and Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for those small extras to make your holiday more enjoyable and memorable?You can experience the thrill of the Coolidge & Million Dollar Point with us but most people don’t realize that Santo also has some spectacular Reef dives.We use boats to access all dive sites which means we can take you to fantastic places not used by other dive operators.Our motto is that you don’t go home with half the memories you should have. Santo is an Island of magic with many more great dives than just the Coolidge.We offer flexible individual, service in order to match the dives to your desires and abilities.We have 3 SSI instructors and fully qualified dive guides/ master’s on each trip so you don’t feel lost in a crowd.Pick-up and drop-off services to your accommodation in the CBD area.Tropical lunch during your surface interval on a amazing white sand beach sounded by the ni-vanuatu locals.Diving with Santo Island Dive is a diving experience not a bumpy bus ride. No walking from the shore carrying heavy gear, no wasted air getting from the shore to the dive site.We can make it happen for you, Diving the way it should be!!
Brisbane, Australia
“Thumbs Up”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I highly recommend Santo Island Dive and Fishing to anyone visiting Santo. I undertook my Open Water Scuba Ticket with this company and found them professional, safe, friendly and enthusiastic across all areas of my course. I would like to thank Mal on his running of the business and, in particular, Kali who was my instructor. Lessons provided excellent guidance in a friendly atmosphere. I had heaps of fun diving the beautiful sites on Santo and appreciated the wonderful underwater features Kali showed me. I felt safe at all times and gained the key skills to help me feel confident in the water.
Thanks again to the team!
Justin Moro

Visited January 2014

Townsville, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“These guys sure do know how to take care of their customers.”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

From the moment my husband and I arrived in Espiritu Santo, Mal's hospitality went above and beyond what we had expected from this dive company and he continued to take care of us over the next 4 days of our diving experience. I had never dived before myself (and was extremely nervous, if not completely freaked out) but both Kali and Mathew were able to leave me feeling very confident that i was in safe hands from my very first lesson. Kali & Mathew are fantastic instructors who are professional in their delivery, who are safety conscious, supportive and also know how to have fun. Their knowledge of the dive sites, Million dollar Point and SS Coolidge were second to none and no questions went unanswered only adding to the experience. It was because of Kali and Mathew that i can proudly say i left Espiritu Santo with my open water diver license. They really did make this a magical underwater experience that will be hard to beat. I can say on behalf of my husband and i that this was an unforgettable part of our holiday on Espiritu Santo and If you are looking to dive there look no further then Santo Island Dive and fishing.

Visited October 2013
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“SANTO ISLAND DIVE - WHAT A GREAT CREW!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We've used Santo Island Dive a number of times now when we take dive groups to dive the President Coolidge and reefs around Espiritu Santo. As always, they are well presented, knowledgeable, and look after the divers in the water.

Visited September 2013
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 338 helpful votes
“All Day for One Hour of Diving”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I cancelled my dives with this shop after one day and I would not book with them again. I originally chose them because they are the only shop with a dive boat and were willing to dive million dollar point. I mistakenly thought having a boat would be better when diving the Coolidge.

I arrived at the shop at 8am. They had said to arrive between 8-8:30 am. It is more of a house then shop but no big deal. We all loaded up in a large truck and drove to the wharf about 5 minutes away. They dropped us and the gear off and headed off to pick up more passengers. We sat on the wharf and waited and waited and waited. When they finally showed back up with one other diver we loaded the boat (an inflatable dingy with very little room for gear and people) and headed off. NO, not to the dive site but to an island way across the bay. Fighting through the chop and waves we made our way across the bay. Upon arrival we met other divers who were waiting. The crew had to get organized and set up everyones gear again. We just sat and waited and waited and waited.

After that we fought our way against the chop back across the bay on the inflatable dingy and then to the dive site. We finally hit the water at 10:30, 2.5 hours after starting our journey. Short dive of 35 minutes and then we started the process all over again. Fight our way across the bay to the island for lunch. They had a nice spread of sandwiches and fruit. After eating and an ample surface time, we loaded up to leave but the boat captain had headed off to the village to play. So we waited and waited and waited. (I’m sure you get the theme by now)

After waiting, we fought our way across the bay again through the chop to the dive site. 40-minute dive and we did it all over again. Back across the bay to the island. Offload the last divers and then sit while they discussed gear. When it was time to leave there was no captain and one of the DM was missing. We waited and waited and waited. I finally walked up to the resort and found them sitting at a lunch table talking with some other customers. Finally we left and yes you guessed it we fought our way across the bay again to arrive at the wharf where we waited and waited and waited for the truck from the shop. We then loaded up and drove to another resort before retuning to the shop.

Final score six (6) hours of time for a little more than one (1) hour of dive time on dive sites that were right off shore less than 10 minutes from the shop. I was charged over $100 US for the two dives that day.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank ksiddel
Sydney, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Awesome diving”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Had a great time diving with the guys from Santo Island Dive. I was well looked after, hired gear was fine and Mal is helpful and easy going (as with all his staff).

Visited August 2013