“Snorkelling and WW2”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Snorkelling and WW2”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I was here in 2011 and this is still one of the most amazing areas I ever snorkelled. You simply step off the beach and you are over the top of the wreck - a highlight on the beautiful island of Espiritu Santo. There is sometimes a village fee - but make sure your taxi driver negotiates this for you

Visited August 2012

Wollongong, Australia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Not what I expected but well worth a visit”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

It was too choppy to snorkel on the days we were on Santo as a the bay is very exposed. Having said that it was well worth a visit just to wander along the shore and look at the remains of the military equipment burnt there by the US army (what a waste). You can still see complete motors and various equipment parts all fused together with melted glass etc. Fantastic place for beachcombing.

Visited July 2013
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Snorkeling was amazing!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The waves were really rough the day that we went but we managed to get in the water and do some snorkeling, very colorful decent size fish. Amazing how they live among the military debris left behind by the US Army. Worth a visit if you will get in the water, otherwise you wont see much there.

Visited October 2012
Auckland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would have been great, but for poor visibility”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Heaps of US military equipment just 20m from shore to see, but your experience is highly dependent on whether the water is clear or not. If its rained heavily recently don't expect to see much.

Visited June 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Special First Dive”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I did my first ever dive at Million Dollar Point with Aquamarine and my partner snorkelled. I didn't need any qualification to do the dive as it was an "introductory dive". If you are keen to give diving or snorkelling a go I would recommend Million Dollar Point. Rehan was a great instructor and made me feel really safe. I really enjoying the part of the dive where we swam up the ship, which is something you can't do snorkelling. As it was a bit windy on the day it was also clearer diving as the first meter was rather turbid. I would recommend choosing a calm day.

Visited July 2013