We arrived at Oyster Island with no luggage, courtesy of Air Vanuatu, an no idea when it would arrive. Pip was there to greet us with a smile and an assurance that they would have things sorted out ASAP. They arranged for us to go into town the next morning and by early afternoon we were picking our luggage up from the airport. The good times continued with predominantly good food and it was awesome to wake up to the fish jumping in the lagoon jumping just outside of our bungalow door. We were treated to a lovely oyster feast and the kayak trip to the blue holes is an absolute MUST do. Pip and the staff took us on a interesting and beautiful dive to the reefs off the island and we got to see some cool WW2 wreckage. Grant was an exceptionally friendly host, and besides the gecko poo, we enjoyed our stay immensely. thankyou to all of the staff for making this the best part of our trip to Vanuatu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a private 25 hectare island just 2 minutes crossing from the mainland. Oyster Island Resort resides within a Marine Reserve, abundant in marine and wild life. Sandy beaches, tropical rainforest, coral reefs and war plane wrecks make for fantastic snorkelling. Bungalows line the waters edge, each with private decks or patio's, enjoying stunning views out over the calm lagoon waters. Family Vila allow room for parents and children to enjoy the large grounds and gardens and are set off the water for safety. Skilled Chefs serve the very best of local and western cuisine from our waterfront restaurant. Only 20 minutes from the airport and township. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Oyster Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Island Hotel Luganville
- Oyster Island Resort Vanuatu/Luganville