My wife and I celebrated 25 years together with a week on Oyster Island and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.
From the moment we arrived we found the staff to be friendly and helpful and did not feel that we were being given any more interaction or information than we were happy with.
Whilst the continental breakfast was basic it was more than adequate to start the day and the fresh fruit salad more than compensated for the basic cereal options! The food was generally of a high standard and definitely better value for money than the other resort we visited just up the road on one evening, purely for a comparison.
Our accommodation was excellent and we were very comfortable and had a wonderful week of warm and predominantly sunny, dry weather. The one afternoon when we had a torrential downpour it didn't "dampen" our enjoyment at all and it was still warm enough to swim at Midway beach.
The only cautionary note would be that with strong southerly breeze and torrential rain we did find that the water fairly flowed in under the doors and we fixed this by rolling our towel up and 'plugging the gap!' Obviously we then had to use hand towels to shower with... as walking to reception in the deluge wasn't really an option.
In summary, the location is idyllic, food excellent and generally piping hot, staff pleasant and personable and whilst this is not a cheap destination we would not hesitate to recommend for anyone who has always wondered just what paradise might really look like??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a private 25 hectare island just 2 minutes crossing from the mainland. Oyster Island Resort resides within a Marine Reserve, abundant in marine and wild life. Sandy beaches, tropical rainforest, coral reefs and war plane wrecks make for fantastic snorkelling. Bungalows line the waters edge, each with private decks or patio's, enjoying stunning views out over the calm lagoon waters. Family Vila allow room for parents and children to enjoy the large grounds and gardens and are set off the water for safety. Skilled Chefs serve the very best of local and western cuisine from our waterfront restaurant. Only 20 minutes from the airport and township. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Oyster Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Island Hotel Luganville
- Oyster Island Resort Vanuatu/Luganville