We were a group of 8 including our 3 kids 12,12 and 14 and could not have been happier with our choice of Oyster Island We stayed for 5 nights and stayed in 3 of the deluxe bungalows.
Everything from the meals, the staff, the managers (Olly and David) the location, the tours were fantastic. OIR is in a great position for day tripping. We did the Millenium cave tour, Million dollar point, Mateluvu blue hole, Jackies Blue hole, Champagne Bay, Lonnoc beach and Port Olry and loved them all. Santo is an Island we could spend a lot more time on exploring around.
OIR has some nice snorkelling on the other side of the island to the resort and the walk around the island is really good as well. Grab a map from reception which directs you to the sites, including a WW2 canyon sticking out of the sand.
The grounds are really well maintained and a credit to the ground staff.
We didn't have any dramas with rats, any food we had we kept in containers to deter them from wanting to visit us during the night. There were rat traps set up around the bungalows to try to catch them.
When we come back to Santo we will definitely be staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a private 25 hectare island just 2 minutes crossing from the mainland. Oyster Island Resort resides within a Marine Reserve, abundant in marine and wild life. Sandy beaches, tropical rainforest, coral reefs and war plane wrecks make for fantastic snorkelling. Bungalows line the waters edge, each with private decks or patio's, enjoying stunning views out over the calm lagoon waters. Family Vila allow room for parents and children to enjoy the large grounds and gardens and are set off the water for safety. Skilled Chefs serve the very best of local and western cuisine from our waterfront restaurant. Only 20 minutes from the airport and township. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Oyster Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Island Hotel Luganville
- Oyster Island Resort Vanuatu/Luganville