We had an amazing stay in May at Oyster..in fact our 2nd stay we stayed 2 weeks the previous year on our honeymoon and went back to celebrate our 1st year of marriage.It was great to see a lot of the same staff still there and as our first time they were just as friendly and helpful 2nd time around.This time we saw so many turtles and went kayaking and actually had a dugong come up next to us roll under the kayak come up looked at us again and shot off.Apparently they never do this so we were so honored for this to happen.We stayed in a deluxe over water bungalow which are beautiful..very peaceful in number 11 which has only bush on one side so quite secluded.The staff are friendly and love to have a chat about our life styles so I suggest anyone visiting to take a little time and ask them about themselves..they are very interesting..We particularly become fond of Aaron and Andrea a couple who work there,and Casper who always has his amazing smile..Jon one of the duty managers is always making sure everything perfect as does Aaron to.Oly and David are just beautiful people they run the resort and nothing is to much trouble for them..you start to feel like family..It's a great place to relax and get away from our hectic lives as everything is Island time so do be prepared that things don't happen at a click of a finger as where all used to...to totally relax this is the place..you can hire a kayak and keep it at your bungalow which is great..and there's a little Island near the green and yellow yacht beware of the billy goat or you mught just get a butt up your butt..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a private 25 hectare island just 2 minutes crossing from the mainland. Oyster Island Resort resides within a Marine Reserve, abundant in marine and wild life. Sandy beaches, tropical rainforest, coral reefs and war plane wrecks make for fantastic snorkelling. Bungalows line the waters edge, each with private decks or patio's, enjoying stunning views out over the calm lagoon waters. Family Vila allow room for parents and children to enjoy the large grounds and gardens and are set off the water for safety. Skilled Chefs serve the very best of local and western cuisine from our waterfront restaurant. Only 20 minutes from the airport and township. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oyster Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Island Hotel Luganville
- Oyster Island Resort Vanuatu/Luganville