“Terrible customer service”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My parents who had been a few times wanted to take us for Father's day.We waited an hour for the starters to arrive.When we finished the main course they were clearing other tables and getting ready to close.We were just left and nobody asked if we wanted dessert.. they just wanted rid of us so they could close and go home.When we mentioned it before leaving but they couldn't care less and were more concerned about getting the staff away home at 4pm. They shouldn't have accepted a table for 8 @ 2:30pm for a three course meal , if they can't cope with it and need to close at 4pm.We paid a lot a lot of money for an extremely bad experience with an establishment with a don't complain mission statement.

2  Thank 2009catherineh

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I just have to warn anyone visiting this farm shop. My friend and I ordered Ceasar Salad yesterday as it was a lovely warm day and we only wanted a light lunch. We both received six salad leaves, two small pieces of Melba toast, Parmesan shavings and dressing! Price ? £5.50 EACH. Quite honestly, if you had put the two portions together it wasn't worth that. Oh! I forgot to mention the bonus.....an insect .
Light lunch it was but heavy on the purse. Disgraceful

2  Thank Daphne6621
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Long wait at counter to place order as only one person taking orders.

Small white bap with very little bacon costing £3. Two sardines and a small tomato compote for £7.

Overpriced for what is in reality little more than a fairly basic venue with little atmosphere.

I have been once before and it is no better than the first time.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Usually I don't have problems as the food and staff are great. However after an hour walking my dogs I just fancied a home made burger with triple cooked chips.
How sad I was to find my chips were french frozen fries.
Also my burger arrived on one of those trendy wooden boards.
I thought to myself is this piece of wood really clean? It was obviously well used with lots of knife gouges in its surface.
Call me old fashioned but I do like my food arriving on a plate and not a piece of tree or roof

1  Thank Ian R
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Average to say the least. Staff preparing and handling the food did not wear gloves which was off putting. Portions were small for the prices charged. Disappointed, would not hurry back.

1  Thank Alyson37