“Father's Day”

Haswells Homer Hill Farm Shop - coffee shop
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, United Kingdom
“Father's Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just been reading the comments below and are so shocked to read that someone has had such bad experience as what they say they have had at homer hill farm coffee shop , I myself have brought my farther and the family here for Father's Day since the establishment opened. The food and service is fantastic and the staff always have a can do attitude and are very friendly and always there to help and go that extra mile , me and my family have been in this venue on many occasions at closing time and never felt like we were hurried out in fact have had deserts after the closing time and staff have sat and chatted till well after half past four , I would be put off by the comments below by visiting this and recommend a visit to homer hill farm , excellent value for money great friendly staff, who always aim to please , well worth a trip .

2 Thank Steven L

“Great lunch with the kids highly recommended ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I called into this great cafe for a quick lunch with my 2 kids. They had a hot beef sandwich to share, homemade bread lots of beef, great chips and I had a house made black pudding and pear salad which was fantastic. I would recommend coming, staff were great with the kids and the outside play area was good for a run about. Excellent food and realistically priced

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My parents who had been a few times wanted to take us for Father's day.We waited an hour for the starters to arrive.When we finished the main course they were clearing other tables and getting ready to close.We were just left and nobody asked if we wanted dessert.. they just wanted rid of us so they could close and go home.When we mentioned it before leaving but they couldn't care less and were more concerned about getting the staff away home at 4pm. They shouldn't have accepted a table for 8 @ 2:30pm for a three course meal , if they can't cope with it and need to close at 4pm.We paid a lot a lot of money for an extremely bad experience with an establishment with a don't complain mission statement.

1 Thank 2009catherineh
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I just have to warn anyone visiting this farm shop. My friend and I ordered Ceasar Salad yesterday as it was a lovely warm day and we only wanted a light lunch. We both received six salad leaves, two small pieces of Melba toast, Parmesan shavings and dressing! Price ? £5.50 EACH. Quite honestly, if you had put the two portions together it wasn't worth that. Oh! I forgot to mention the bonus.....an insect .
Light lunch it was but heavy on the purse. Disgraceful

2 Thank Daphne6621
England
“Small portions, big prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Long wait at counter to place order as only one person taking orders.

Small white bap with very little bacon costing £3. Two sardines and a small tomato compote for £7.

Overpriced for what is in reality little more than a fairly basic venue with little atmosphere.

I have been once before and it is no better than the first time.