“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Stables

The Stables
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The Stables has always been one of our families favourite places to eat. We find the food excellent, staff very friendly and always happy to help in any way. The Stables is in a lovely little spot and is most certainly a hidden gem.

1 Thank stevie_milly

Sunderland
“Happy Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

As part of our Wedding Anniversary weekend my wife and I had lunch outside in the sunshine at the Stables, Herrington. Obviously, as usual, it was extremely busy, but we again had a lovely lunch served by attentive staff who could not be faulted on their service and are a credit to the owner. We would thoroughly recommend a visit. It has set the standard for our Anniversary weekend. Overnight stay at Jesmond Dene House, Newcastle next.

1 Thank Lyndbrooke
uk
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

After been recommend this place by a few friends I decided to give it a visit on bank holiday monday.
A small pub with a lovely feel to it. Food was excellent. I ordered the lamb rack which was cooked perfect and my husband had the Pork. All fresh and homemade produce all at a very reasonable price.

Will definitely be returning in the future.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“A great place to eat ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We visited The Stables pub/ restaurant this evening for a quick family tea. Menu is excellent and staff very pleasant. Food was top marks I had a black pudding starter with peppercorn sauce filled by pork fillet and I wasn't disappointed at all. Would definitely recommend this place .

The Original Washington
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Two friends and I visited The Stables last Thursday. The interior is charming with stone arches and a lovely log fire. It was very busy but we were served quickly by pleasant, friendly staff. I chose King Prawns in garlic butter as a starter. My friends had bruschetta with tomatoes and basil, and haggis stuffed with black pudding and sage. For mains we had wild mushroom risotto and panacklety. This latter local dish was absolutely delicious and also very reasonably priced.. We couldn't manage a pudding so we just had decaf coffees instead. I would definitely recommend this establishment and look forward to going again soon.
If I had to make one criticism, it would be that The Stables stops serving meals at 4.45 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays which I would have thought would be popular nights for eating out. Even Monday to Thursday last orders are at 7.45 p.m.
A truly delicious eating experience.