“My local”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: DH4 6PA
“My local”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Visited here on many occasions and was an attraction to us recently moving to the village. Food I always amazing and the bread and oils is a welcomed change to the usual Italian bread and butter. Service is so welcoming and always engaging with my children especially "big Rachael" (she the taller Rachael). Love this place and will be back for sure

• Visited August 2014

Co Durham
“Excellent”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Good food, good atmosphere, good service I would recommend this resturant and definatly return in the future

• Visited August 2014
Durham
“Lovely food, great staff! Only let down by smelly toilets and the need of a luck if paint. ”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Four of us arranged a meal here last night 25/08/14.

From the outside it appears quaint and welcoming.

Upon entering the front door we got a whiff of the toilets which wasn't particularly appetising.

We were welcomed by staff and shown us to our seats in the conservatory. I'll be honest and say the whole place just looks like it needs a coat of paint and some new furniture. I will sum it up with the term 'rustic'.

Our server was a young girl with dark hair (wish I had asked her name) as she was great. Friendly, attentive, made time to join in on our banter without appearing too familiar ............ perfect!

Our order was taken and soon our drinks and some complimentary bread and dips were delivered to the table which were lovely.

For my starter I had the Black Pudding with a perfectly poached egg! Delicious!!

Main course consisted of the Sea Bass and Tagliatelle with the obligatory side order of fries. It was again delicious, two pieces of sea bass and a good portion of pasta.

My partner and friends food was equally good and no one made a negative comment.

We ordered desserts and I happened to ask if they had anything with Crumble, such as Apple or rhubarb, they didnt but considering it wasn't on the menu I had no complaint. But as a lovely gesture the waitress told me the Chocolate Fudge Cake and Ice Cream I ordered would be free due to them not having the crumble!! Wow!!

All in all a great night, fabulous company, amazing food and top staff!!

If they can sort out a little TLC on the interior it will be 5*+ next time!!

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Always spot on!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have been a few times now and it is always an excellent meal. Great value dishes and great friendly staff aswell. The whole place is very pretty and I love the free bits of bread and tasting oils when you sit down. 5 stars

Visited August 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Nicest Italian Restaurant I've been to”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The food is excellent (think Italian as you know it but that bit nicer, and with slightly more imagination), the staff are really friendly and pleasant without being intrusive, and will do anything for you, and the general atmosphere/decor are great too. In fact the only fault I could pick was that the table wasn't that comfortable, but the next time I go, I'll just ask for a different one, problem solved!! And there will be a next time, soon!! Give this place a try, you won't regret it!