“Beautiful”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Our visit here was fab, the food was cooked perfectly, with a good choice of veg. Seemed understaffed n the outside could really do with a bit refurbishment. That aside tho the staff were nice n polite, the chef was really welcoming n friendly. Price n menu were standard, would definitely come back tho.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Absolutely terrible! ”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Snotty customer service from the moment we entered. 3 different members of staff asked if we had a table upon arriving, when answered yes just left us there waiting. Finally we were seated at our table, to find the table wasn't prepared with cutlery or anything. Then we paid for our carvery and 5 minutes after we had paid the carvery was taken away leaving only 4 out of the 6 of us with food. We were told when we phoned that carvery was served until 5pm which wasn't the case as it was took away at around 4:30pm. We were also told there was more than a carvery on which also wasn't the case. Very rude staff, made to feel very unwelcome and didn't even get a goodbye when we left. Definitely won't be returning waste of money!

1 Thank m4ddiie94
houghton-le-spring
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not the best”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

One the worst steaks I have ever had, absolutely full of grisle, but 'chef' said it was okay to be served. We have been going there for 14 years as it is our nearest pub, but that was the worst ever.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank paul g
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“loverly carvery”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Went with hubby and parents two sundays ago got two courses for eleven fifty I think carvery was loverly hot and tasty and dessert quite nice service was very pleasant would recommend to family and friends only one gripe when we were shown to our table we were not told were to go for food or drinks or if we had to get our own cutlery or they brought it but apart from that would definitely go back

• Visited February 2014
“Far too cramped”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I for one prefer to sit at a table and use a chair while eating my dinner, not be slouched on a sofa unable to reach my plate!

The food wasn't good enough to write home about. They did have gluten free gravy upon request, but when I asked if the roast potatoes were gluten free I was told "I imagine so, considering its potato" I had to kindly explain to the waitress that often batter is added to make them more crunchy and she seemed baffled by this information. I had to ask her to ask the chef if they were, which the reply came that they are not. Good job I pushed for a second opinion.

It's more of a chicken nuggets and chips for the kids kind of place, rather than a family carvery. I would return, but not on a Sunday.

1 Thank Lesley K