“excellent birthday”

The Wild Boar Houghton le spring
Cuisines: Pub
Description: Your local Wetherspoons serving your favourite meals and drinks in a child friendly environment.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was my grand daughters 27th birthday. My 2 daughters and partner 3 adult grandchildren and 2 baby great grand children were there. The food was excellent and at. 7 pound for two meals who could possibly complain. Rose wine for 8 pound a bottle added to meal. Service was extremely good and efficient. My baked potatoe must have had a whole tin of tuna on it. The birthday cake provided by my daughter was brought out and the plates and cuttlery provided. It is my birthday in a couple of weeks and I intend to spend it there. This was my first visit but. Definitely I will be becoming a regular visiter

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Vegetarian sausage and mash was gorgeous! Portions are really big and therefore the prices aren't too bad. Our meal was taken to a different table and this was the only problem! Apart from it taking a while to be cooked and brought through everything is great. We waited 20 minutes for dessert and received a free drink! Staff were welcoming and friendly and the chocolate fudge cake was the nicest cake I've ever had. I recommend this restaurant. Especially for families with young children-adults! Its great for all ages!

1  Thank Tyler W
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Typical pub grub at a good price, with bottles if wine for only£6 odd what more can you ask for :) I've ate and drank here on many occasions, I find it always offers a wife selection of nice food which won't take long to arrive. They have daily specials such as curry club /steak club etc around £6 with drink included... Bargain! Best pub in Houghton, I reckon :)

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Came here for breakfast and did not leave disappointed, great quality and value in decent surroundings. The pub has no great view but the interal finish is of a good standard, the place feels welcoming and the food was good. Car parking seemed limited and I couldn't find a disabled parking space but that wasn't a terrible problem.

Two minor issues, bar service was a little slow but not terrible and the person who I seemed to be the manager on duty took to telling his staff off for this in front of the customers. Otherwise it was excellent.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This has got to be the worst Wetherspoons in the north east not only does it not have wheel chair access the staff (junior manager) was extremely rood and don't understand the service industry. The incident occurred when my friend and i went to bar to order some food and some drinks i had already been to bar and got first round a gin with cucumber and a john smiths the waitress second name Adare said i will have to go kitchen and get cucumber, No problems here good service she went out of her way to accommodate. Second time junior manager male he would not give name for purpose of complaining, part from juinor manager, Said "we dont do cucumber for the gin" when pointed out we have already had it in our last order his reply was "just use the same bit" when my friend pointed out this was poor service and you are in the service industry to service customers request, and actually there is the waitress that gave us it the last time ask her where the bag of chopped up cucumber is and get it from there. At that point he took the huff coss he was embarrassed by words in front of some girls he was talking to and shouted get out iv had enough we dont do cucumber that's final. I can say with no doubts although my friend has bi polar he was not swearing or loud or aggressive to the staff he just used his knowledge of the service industry (i wont use his company name encase this post is deleted) to remind him what is expected from him in his roll i was sitting about 3 feet from the bar so i heard every thing and even showed the cucumber when it was pointed out that we have already had this service..WE WILL NOT BE HAVING OUR XMAS WORKS PARTY HERE

2  Thank Scott O