All reviews on saturday evening short drive french journey stopover amiens
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Generally speaking so our accommodation was pretty good.
The food , the restaurant and the breakfast was good. I think they should reconsider some work on the rooms otherwise it was peaceful calm and 2 min far from the beach.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Lovely meal and good service. Dishes were beautifully presented and really had lots of flavour. My only suggestion is they turn the heating up .. was a little bit chilly when we arrived at 7pm . i had the tuna starter, which i was expecting to be hot.. turned out it was sushi almost. Also the veal was a veal chop which i found a little too rare for my liking but was still enjoyable. A little more sauce would have been good.

Room Tip: go for dinner!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Le Fiacre is in the hamlet of Routhiauville, near Quend, which is sort of near Amiens. It is a very pretty hotel, the staff are very friendly and the rooms are comfortable, though not plush, typically French.
On Saturday evening the dining room is busy; they seem to attract a good passing trade in addition to hotel guests, which is encouraging, as the hotel is in quite a rural location. We enjoy a glass of champagne while we consider the menu and then we tuck into Langoustines in a tempura batter / smoked salmon roulade: bel cote de porc / gougons of lemon sole on a bed of leeks ; variations on a pineapple / chocolate finger with coriander sorbet. And a bottle of St Aubin. The starters and desserts were excellent, beautifully presented. The main courses were very good, but perhaps more rustic than the other courses.
The outdoor pool was not open when we visited, but this was not surprising as it was quite cool. The hotel is very short drive from two beautiful beaches - Fort Mahon Plage and Quend Plage - and a huge area of dunes and estuary, so plenty of opportunities for long walks.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2017

My Husband and I visited here in July 2014, why am I reviewing the hotel ,now ? Because it was a memorably pleasant experience. I promised to review the hotel when we returned home, which I did but for some reason ,it never registered on the site ,However now we are thinking of a return and wish to record my impressions as by the site it is still very similar. Monsieur& Madame could not have been more welcoming and we were royally treated to excellent gourmet dinners and 'eat as much as you like' buffet breakfasts with divine French café always freshly available. The pool was my delight as we often visited interesting locations, early in the day ,so we could spend more time lazing by the pool; a relaxation we both needed after demanding work schedules .The whole holiday of 5 days was revitalising, spoilt only by nights being eaten alive by loads of mosquitos, which were caused by sudden hot weather - not normally complained about I know ! My husband so enjoyed the Foie Gras ,which he ate every evening, that Monsieur was kind enough to ask the chef whether we could take some home with us and a large, heavy portion came with us ,and was consumed with surprising speed on our return to England. I only awarded 4* because it was quite expensive ,even if it was just what we needed at that time .thank you for a lovely time .

Room Tip: Book a room/suite away from the main building.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2016

We stayed here this year and last prior to catching the ferry from Calais. The food is excellent, rooms poor (not a drop of water would come out of the shower which I suspect was known about) and the service fair. I would return for a meal and to enjoy the location but not to stay. A little overpriced compared with other French accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple