Hilltop Hideaway (Brazos Abiertos Casa Rural)
US$106
Hotels.com
All reviewspool hoistlevel accesswheelchairviewsgranadausersvilla
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I chose this accommodation because it looked so peaceful, and it was. At the time of booking I was looking for a retreat type of place but no one where I would be organised. Having a few personal issues to sort out I thought a place like this would help and I read a review here where someone said that they felt the house did the thinking for you, It did in buckets full. I was a little anxious being a solo traveller but I was welcomed in with open arms. Nothing was too much trouble for the girls and other people have written about the fabulous rooms, food etc so all I need to say about that is that every comment is avsolutely true. I had space to think and sort myself out. In addition which was wonderful is that Julie was able to work with me to develop a Parh Map (thanks to her former career) this has been invaluable and is pinned up in my living room at home. I will certainly return to Brazos Abiertos, it is a very, very special place. I did very little touristy things, just a wander around Iznajar which us very pretty. I did visit the beach bar on the lake a fabulous place to watch the sun set. Thank you so much for an unforgettable visit

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2010

Gillian and I spent a week of pure bliss at Casa Brazos with excellent hosts Sheela and Julie, together with their menagerie of animals who kept us entertained!
It is the perfect place to get away and relax and provides an excellent location for trips out. The views are to die for, the food is amazing and all run by two lovely, inspirational women who make you feel right at home!! Nothing and I mean, nothing was too much trouble. I am looking forward to visiting again! Can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2009

Travelled with friends and family. We were badly in need of a holiday. Went stressed and tired, came home refreshed and relaxed. We thought we had died and gone to heaven. Sheelagh and Julia (owners) could not have done anymore for us. Food was excellent and rooms were beautifully decorated, very clean and comfortable. We celebrated a special birthday during our time there and we had a fabulous celebration with food, music and plenty of laughter. On our final day we enjoyed reiki and facials. Surrounding area was so lovely. One of the most enjoyable holidays we have had.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2009

If you want to take a group of friends away or meet up with other like minded guests, far from the madding crowd, there can be no better place than this. You'll need a car if you want to do any site seeing but the owners, Sheelagh and Julie, will do airport transfers for a charge and they'll also pick you up from a local restauant if you fancy eating out and having a drink without the hassle of driving home. I have to say, the meals at Brazos itself are to die for and we found nothing nicer. Heated pool, clean air and magnificent views top it off. They even went to the trouble of making a birthday cake for my mother in law who was part of the group. We were able to book therapies from an excellent fully trained lady .....reiki, massage etc etc. They can book a yoga session for you too. We visited the Mesquita in Cordoba and The Alhambra at Granada but it was always wonderful to have such a lovely base to return to each day! You must Go!!!

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 6 September 2009

A wonder refuge from the toils of everyday life. Sheelagh and Julie gave me a wonderful welcome in their very modern but traditional hotel. The food was great, the rooms are very well appointed. Overall it was one of the most enjoyable breaks I have had.
The location is amazing right off the beaten track. For a single woman or a disabled traveller to be recommended.
The only tip I would give is do not rely on your satnav to get you there! Follow the directions given to you by by your hosts, they are much more useful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo