Hotel Caserio de Iznajar
US$43
Orbitz.com
US$50
  • Restaurant
Hotel Las Rosas(Priego de Cordoba)(Great Value!)
US$60
Hotel Museo Patria Chica(Priego de Cordoba)(Great Value!)
US$95
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Casa Banos de la Villa(Priego de Cordoba)
US$109
Hotel Rural Huerta de las Palomas(Priego de Cordoba)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$60
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdouble bedsoap and shower gelsuperb viewsrural hotellarge bathroomstayed for one nightclean roomslakereceptionistcontinentalaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have just ended the greatest weeks holiday that I can remember. The Hotel Caserio is an oasis in the desert! It pains me to write this review as I don't want to spoil perfection enticing others to my now new deffo every year holiday hotel. My fiance booked us both into the Hotel Caserio to celebrate my 40th birthday in real Spain, where lucky lucky men don't exist and where there are no free Peach Schnapps drinks tokens if you just please buy one drink at the bar!

As middle age tried to take my childish boyish behavior away from me all paled into insignificance as The Hotel Caserio grabbed me by the knackers and explained that being 40 is OK and that you are allowed to be moved by an undiscovered countryside of rolling olive trees, tranquil lakes and varying colors of nature that literally brought me to tears as I realised in my moment of clarity that real Spain is Iznajar and the Hotel Caserio.

Enough Waxing lyrical........... Hotel Caserio is perfectly placed on an idyllic, unspoiled lake setting, the staff, specifically Lydia, JuanMa and the Manager Jorge are there solely to ensure that you are fed, watered, provided with hairdryers, clothes irons, local information of whats what and of course cheap alcohol, if thats what you want.

They also speak perfect English whilst acknowledging you're pigeon Spanish and educating you if needed (Ta Lydia).

The pool area is clean and tidy, the food menu is plenty and cooked to perfection (La Tasca don't know what Tapas is and neither did I until now). Our room was more than comfortable, wardrobe, dressing table, full en-suite, no cold showers. Duel aspect views of the lake, rooms cleaned and changed daily with fresh towels.

The Hotel is 1 hours drive max from Malaga Airport, you will need a car to discover the area. We ventured out into Andalusia for at most half of our week but were drawn back to the hotel on these occasions by the latest mid-afternoon due to the relaxed, personal yet professional accommodation of the Hotel staff and setting that made The Hotel Caserio so inviting.

Breakfast was continental, best meats and cheese, fresh bread/toast and marmalade's, fruit and cereals.

Average prices are 5 Euros for lunch,a bocadillio (think subway sandwich but real fresh meaty meat with veg/salad and fresh bread. Chips as well if you want) Well better than Subway but no meal deal or cookies....Aghhh gutted

T Tme around 10 to 20 euros max depending on what you want. I had Iberico Ham Andalusian style with spuds and salad for 13 euros. The plate was full and the grub was better than anythin that i'd get if I went local to Liverpool or Chester or Manchester.

Get your backside out here to this Hotel now cos it's only gonna get dearerer in price when everyone reads this and follows suit. You'd be charged £200 a night here in the UK for the room with surroundings and the meals would scalp you for £50 a couple in England.

Have I mentioned that it's free Tennis and racquet ball if your a sporty weirdo, less than 100 yards from the hotel, overlooking a massive lake and 4 billion olive trees!!!!!

Have you booked yet?

Room Tip: Room 203 had ace views. it's all quiet whichever room you get cos no one knows about Hotel Caserio
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Graham M
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stopped here for 2 nights on the way from Madrid to Malaga and so glad we did. Traditional Andalucian decor everywhere. Breakfast in the courtyard was lovely, continental stuff. Dated but charming and clean rooms. Beautiful pool area and outdoor area. Jorge and the rest of the staff looked after us really well. By chance we were there for a flamenco evening which was busy and really enjoyable. Not much within walking distance but we really just chilled out by the pool. The area is amazing, very very beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. Very Spanish décor and so clean you could have eaten your dinner from the floor. Breakdfast was a delight served on the covered patio. Service was excellent too. We ate on the terrace where there was a great BBQ and overlooked the lake. We could have stayed longer. Efficiently run hotel. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vera F
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We loved every second of our week long stay. Staff were very friendly and always ready to help.
Location is absolutely stunning with amazing views of the lake and mountains especially from the terrace for our evening meal and the sunsets were just gorgeous. Perfect getaway from stresses and strains of everyday life.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel J
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Superb location, stayed two nights, had evening meal and breakfast both days. Food at breakfast was basic but good, bread was fresh as was the orange juice, Coffee was on request plentiful & freshly made. Evening meal was on the terrrace overlooking the lake an excellent setting ( a cardigan or fleece may come in handy as night approaches) the sea bass I had was particularly good. A nice touch was that a table had been reserved for us each night, as the hotel restaurant was also open to non guests. The receptionist also doubled up as breakfast & bar staff, the wobbly coffee (liquer coffee) I can wholeheartedly recommend, two & I slept like a log. Rooms were spotlessly clean in fact the whole hotel was. The staff throughout the hotel were all very friendly & helpful the directions we got to the Alhambra Palace in Granada were spot on. Will be back next year to use the hotel as a base for exploring more of Spain.

Room Tip: we had a corner suite with lake & terrace view on the first floor Room name Adelante which was quiet when we were there but could be noisy if terrace restaurant was in full swing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple