“Sunday lunch”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Aston
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Telephone 0044 (0)1270 780917
Reviewed 28 September 2018

I am afraid it got off to a bad start when after being told where our table was no one came to us.On enquiring was told you have to go to the bar your self to order the drinks which was a rather long wait.Once this initial bad start to our visit everything went very well my wife's pork tenderloin was excellent as was my shoulder of lamb,my wife had the ginger pudding which again was excellent.My pint of beer was as good as it gets and my wife's wine was also as good.
Overall a very good lunch but with a little tweaking on the drink service it would have been excellent.I forgot to say how good the staff were.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Never having ordered an Indian curry outside of an Indian restaurant, we were curious to try here as highly recommended. Two of us had a lamb curry and one had a chicken mango curry, served with rice papadum and nan. The other in our group stuck to fish & chips. All the curries were decent without being special, not enough to bring us back just for the curry, but perhaps to try the rest of the menu. Service was also good with friendly staff.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We always find a reason to visit when in the area, & as we were having a short break at Combermere Abbey, we had the chance to eat dinner here. As always the food is fantastic, the choice of ales is stunning, & the service excellent.
Great choice of food & curries, & always served piping hot (we have a thing about having hot food)
Dog friendly area as well

1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic pub and restaurant! The range of ales were excellent and the pub itself was really welcoming. As we were simply “passing through “ I can’t comment on the food - yet!
Although from discussions I had with some locals revealed a great range of Indian food.

Definitely on my to do list before Christmas.

1  Thank ChrisMeadowcroft
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Called in for lunch bank holiday Monday. The staff were very welcoming and found us a table and brought the menus over straight away. We chose a chicken kashmir curry which is usually quite mild in the Indian take aways, however this was very hot and Im not sure that it was homemade, and salmon fishcakes with chips and salad. The fishcakes were quite nice but the frozen chips were undercooked. Overall I would say not the best quality food but portions were good. Ok but not great.