OVERALL: We were looking for a cozy budget room and got the best deal we could possibly find! This hotel has character.
1) Room Value -- booked through latestays.com for just 1,300 baht. That place certainly is worth more than that!
2) The "Boutiqueness" of the hotel -- details, details, details! Love it. They have unique hammock-like chairs across the halls. The room is true to its name... gives you a "beach-y" feeling. The desk in the room is decorated with enclosed sand... cute. And the slippers... better than what you can get in average hotels. They're quite puffy on the feet.=)
3) Proximity to nightlife in Kata -- In the initial walk, you will come across bars with ladies waiting for horny men. But that did not deter us though because they're kept at one side so we walked at the other side (and generally they're safe to pass by, walking briskly=P). After that, we had a good time going through stalls and just having fun with the prices... I saw this pepper & salt shaker that looked cute. The first store I went to sold it for 80 baht. The next store I asked said 180 baht. And the last I asked which was an al fresco makeshift stall by the streets (which I would have thought would give the lowest) demanded 360! We just laughed.=) We concluded the night at Dino park, that's a resto with a jungle-ish dinosaur theme -- a litty higher than the average resto but highly recommended for the ambience and food.
4) Service -- Truly customer is king. I asked for the blue room and they made changes instantly to make that happen. Our flight was not leaving until the evening... we checked out as per their schedule but we went back to get our luggage. Before leaving, I asked for a room where we could freshen up and they gave us the keys to the same room we stayed in... free of charge. Premium hospitality.=)
5) Constuction's over -- was quiet all throughout our stay.=)
1) Pool -- we were 2 days early for the opening!
2) Smoke scent in the room -- not sure if it was just me but after a while our room had a whiff of cigarette odor at night (I believe the smell is absent in the daytime because of housekeeping).
3) Water heater -- can get too hot then too cold then too hot then...
4) Hotel taxi fare -- as always, higher than hailing a cab. The thing though is that cabs don't pass by often. They charge 800 baht to the airport. Since there weren't any cabs passing by, I just contracted another deal in a nearby tour agency for 700 baht.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Beach Boutique House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Beach Boutique House Hotel Kata Beach
- The Beach Boutique House Phuket/Kata Beach