“Reasonable priced hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Barnsley
“Reasonable priced hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2010

Had a pleasant stay here. Price was reasonable and the hotel is clean and comfortable. Our room was a little small but enough for our purposes. The staff were helpful and friendly. Its not on the beach but its not too far a walk to it 5 to 10 mins. The hardest part is avoiding the Indian tailors that try to drag you into their shops as you walk by. Theres a good laundry service at the end of the street too.
We only booked in for four nights but decided to extend for another four. Had a couple of meals there too which were very good although I have to say the breakfasts weren’t great though. The bar staff in the evening were great too, helpful and chatty.
Complimentary tea and coffee would have been nice though in the room

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stumbleweed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2010

We had an awesome stay at Beach Boutique even tho it started off a little bumpy ;) We booked the deluxe room which was a little small, but it was alright, very cosy & stylish. Lucky us, when we entered, the switches wouldn't work, they tried to fix it but after 1/2hr eventually gave up.

They then upgraded us to the best suite in the hotel!! Very cool :D It was hugeee, stylish and very clean. Perfect for family/friends up to about 6-8 people? There was a pool right outside our balcony too. I saw some reviews about the common pool being really small, but there is actually another bigger pool around the hotel. Funny thing too that everyone spoke about, they have tea cups/ water but no tea bags/coffee. Heh, but there are convenience stores around so no biggie. Oh they don't have free wi-fi too, it's 100THB/70mins. Pretty okay.

Kata beach is really not far, we walked there in about 8-10minutes. You just gotta follow the canal :) Kata is very quiet, perfect to laze and read but not much activities. The other nicer beach, Kata Noi is slightly further, about 20minutes walk, (But SO WORTH IT, the beach is gorgeous, slightly more populated but still nice.) I find Phuket's good for its beaches, but quite a lot of things (food/shopping) are slightly pricier compared to other Thai islands, or even Bangkok.

Overall, the hotel is in a fairly quiet spot, but there are a few bars/restaurants around the area. To get to the main Kata spot with a lot more shops (near Kata Noi beach), its like I said, bout 20mins walk. Considering the price we paid, (S$50/person for 3 nights), the hotel exceeded our expectations. (even if we didn't get the suite!)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2010

We moved to Beach Boutique from the Boomerang Village and we were pleased when we saw the room - it was fairly small but clean and stylishly decorated. I was bemused when I read other traveller's reviews referring to the "small pool" - I can only imagine they didn't know that there are three pools available (I have posted pictures of two of them) and two of them are a very decent size, one with a baby/toddler area and all of them kept immaculately clean.

The downsides for us were that the internet access was not free (that said, there were lots of terminals so we didn't have to queue) and all of the food we had there was terrible! Like another traveller noted, we were also told to 'go outside' to flag a taxi when we asked them to book one for us and the room had a kettle and teacups but no teabags/coffee to drink...which we thought was odd!

To be honest, I wouldn't really recommend Phuket as a destination as we found that it was overdeveloped, overpriced and not very beautiful compared to other Thai islands. BUT if you must go to Phuket, and specifically Kata, you could do much much worse than stay here.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank LondonKirsty
Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2010

I went there with my family and two very young children.
We stayed there for 5 nights which we paid ahead. The hotel is too far from the beach, the swimming pool is very small.
On the day we were supposed to leave, we had to pay another 4000bht. We had unexpectedly a problem with our credit card. The manager did not want to compromise in any way possible and would not let us go. He pressurised us into giving him my diamond engagement ring and my wedding ring. It felt more like racketing and he was blackmailing us. If you don't give me your engagement and wedding rings, we won't let you go and we'll call the police.
We argued and argued to try to find another solution and the children were getting tired.
After a while being on the phone trying to solve what was going wrong with the credit card, the bank reactivated another card that we had so as to enable us to withdraw money.
The manager looked disappointed when made the payment and he had also called the police just in case we could not pay the 4000 bht. I was certainly not going to give him my rings. At one stage I even thought of letting my husband fly with the kids home to solve the problem and I would have stayed homeless in Phuket waiting for the next day.

Terrible and traumatic experience!!! Besides not very well located and far from the beach.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank sainte10
Jakarta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

Here is why I would not recommend this hotel:

1. The beach boutique hotel location is way too far from the beach especially for family with young children, it took me at least 15 minutes to walk.
2. The breakfast from the hotel was horrible and almost the same menu each day
3. I was having difficulty looking transport to patong beach and asked the reception to help me get a taxi and all they asked me was to walk to outside to look a taxi myself. Really ridiculous that I have to walk with my family to look for taxi when the hotel can help with a phone call!.
4. They provide cups and water boiler without coffee or tea in the room.
5. The hotel is expanding and the construction is really noisy...bing..bang..bing ..bang!

The only good thing happen to me from this hotel was the upgrade, other than that its disappointing and please don't judge this hotel just by the room pictures...its the same as what is shown but its not worth it!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tjahaja
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2010

I stayed here for over a week. I loved this hotel. The rooms are designed very well and are beautiful! The overall hotel layout was great. Internet, breakfast, stores, market, etc.. There is a great pool available and spa. Can do a nice walk to the beach or rent a scooter. Laundry was cheap across the street. No elevator however. My room was on the 3rd floor, so if you have bad knees, I would ask for a 1st floor room. Lucy, the tour lady is full of information! The staff became like family to me, and I cried when I left. Excellent Value!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank murray7777
Pattaya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2010

So lovely boutique hotel for my holiday this year..Small hotel.
Building is so beautiful, room is good decoration ( white color and colorful ), staff are friendly and helpful.Good pool and not too much far from kata beach...and price is valueable..........just love it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple