We have just returned from our second family holday at this hotel and it was every bit as amazing as our first. This time we had eleven family and friends the first week and were joined by six more for the second week,
We did have a fairly major hiccup with our rooms on arrival having paid for deluxe seaview rooms three of us had been put in rooms with no views (I don't count carparks and rooftops as views) and we had requested adjoining rooms for us and our teenage children. My husband and I were given a grand deluxe (not a problem) and our children were down the hall a bit. All things considered we decided to stay put, after all, we had a great room with a view and the children decided they were ok with theirs. The other two rooms were changed to deluxe as soon as something became available, one was able to change the next afternoon but the other people had to spend two nights overlooking the carpark before they could move. Not ideal, but it was sorted in the end and didn't detract too much from our experience.
We stayed for two weeks this time and it was fabulous again. Kata Beach is a great place to stay, it has everything you could need, beach, restaurants and shoppng and more of the same only bigger up the road in Patong. We found great meals at what we call "the strip" turn left out of the resort and it's the first street (that looks like a street) on the right. We can recommend Cafe Opera, Chaweng something or other, Natalies 2, Mama seafood (right on the corner predominately white) and Danny 44 ( many a fun night was spent here, cheap cocktails and headaches for free). Down the end of the beach we found another good place to eat while you overlook the gorgeous beach I think it was called Kata Seafood, it has a big verandah and a big tree for shade (bliss). We also loved a restaurant called Number 6 in Patong, we ate here three times. It's only tiny and there is always a wait for tables, and having a large group we take up a lot of room. The first time they said we could either wait a while or they could take us up the road to their other restaurant on their shuttle tuk tuk. What a hoot, we had no idea where we were going but once there it was unbelieveabe. Love it. We took the rest of our group up there when they arrived and they loved it too. Best way to descibe how to get there is walk to the end of Bangla Rd (Jungceylon end) and turn left and keep walking til you come across Number 6.
If it sounds like all we did was eat and drink, you'd be correct. However we did fit in quite a bit of pampering, massages, facials, manis, pedis ahhh take me back please. I hadn't experienced the Kanda Spa in the resort before preferring to find cheaper outside but we were given a voucher for a forty five minute treatment which I used on a facial. Absolutely gorgeous. It was only a taste but it is so lovely in there, if you can afford it, it's worth a look, mind you it would still be cheaper than the same treatments here in Australia.
We also did a lot of relaxing by the pool and swimming in the surf. All in all, it was another fabulous holiday spent at Kata Beach Resort and Spa and we will be returning in the future, you can count on that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond Resort Kata (formerly Kata Beach Resort & Spa) is a 4.5 star resort set directly on Kata Beach, a spot that provides the calm blue of a wide horizon and all the fun of a classic tropical holiday for families and couples. The resort features 275 smart and stylish rooms and suites with sea view and pool access options, and with room categories especially suitable for families. Lush gardens and a shimmering swimming pool are a restful beachside setting for sun-filled days and incredible sunset views across the blue of the Andaman Sea. The Kids’ Club is supervised by trained carers and will keep the youngsters busy and happy. Kanda Spa is the ultimate retreat for individuals and couples. A gorgeous wedding venue, with wedding planners and packages to make the great day a success, the resort can cater for up to 400 guests at any event in its attractive function spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Beyond Resort Kata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Beach Resort
- Beyond Resort Kata Phuket/Kata Beach