1,716 results
All reviewspool bardirect beach accessbeach locationinterconnecting roomsyour doorstepska barbuffet breakfastdeluxe roompool sidebars and restaurantspool access roomlow seasonsun loungersnoodlesegg stationtuk tukbeach towels
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had the pleasure of a four days lazy stay / four days of doing absolutely nothing but enjoying the beach. Unlike our usual routine, we decided predominately to stay at the hotel and only to go outside for dinner. The beach is okay but the town have turned into somewhat a massive tourist area/industry (read; excessive prices for dinner, low quality (European style cuisine), lousy service….). The hotel is acceptable – first time stayed here after the tsunami (2005), good sized rooms, well kept, helpful staff, reception ever so helpful, … so in other words, if you are looking for a beach holiday/time-out and nothing more than that, this is the place to visit.

Room Tip: Do not visit the restaurant Nathalie down town - crappy service, diluted beers, boring menu and overprices (poor quality food)!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Snelling71
Reviewed 8 October 2013

If I have a chance, I will go there again. I like the service. I like Thai food very much, I like Chicken curry, especially, Tom Yum Kung is my favorite.

They take care of me like their own family.

I love Kata Beach Resort. I will come back for sure.

Emmie

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Emmie_Tew
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We recently stayed at Kata Beach Resort and loved it. We had 2 connecting rooms on the first floor and was really impressed with the size of the rooms - very spacious.
The rooms were clean and the staff were great. The main pool was closed for renovations when we first arrived - and not due to open till after we left (we weren't too worried about it - as there is another pool and you are right on the beach). Fortunately for us - the pool was finished more than a week ahead of time - so we were only without for 2 days. This was lucky as the hotel started to get busier due to the Aussie school holidays. Breakfast was great - The gym had a good selection of machines etc. The hotel is in a great position - with lots of restaurants and bars and shopping just outside the hotel. Would stay again!!

Room Tip: They do have pool access rooms that looked great. There was some renovations being done in the main building - we were not in this section so it did not effect us.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank rlriley
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We first stayed at Merlin in Patong then here. What a world of difference. Firstly, as we have young children we asked for interconnecting rooms. We didn't get them and neither did our in-laws with their kids. We were stuck in a dreary corner of the hotel where all the room service carts are left. After complaining bitterly to very rude reception staff we were moved to new inter-connecting rooms. Well the joy was short-lived, as we found out they were renovating rooms on our floor. The glue they were using was so toxic we had to turn off the air-conditioning to even have a chance to breathe. Numerous calls to rectify the situation were largely ingnored. The breakfast bar was very average. Having to line up to get eggs and bacon, no change in the menu. I could go on but I won't. The security staff at the front gate were the only nice people we encountered

Room Tip: Make sure no renovations are going on and don't accept the southern wing rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is old. The reception was rood, and mixed up our reservation. We were put into the wing building, the roof leak and the lane was piled with lots of stuffs. We finally changed to the room in the main building, but the room is much smaller. In addition, the hotel rate was extremely declined about 30% in booking.com after we made our reservation and we don't know why. The wifi is 150b per hour 700b for a week. Cuppucciono is not free for breakfast and they will never tell its not free until they charge the bill under your room.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple