Who says that this hotel is awesome - have not stayed in 5 star hotels!
The only great point there is location. Otherwise...:
Kata beach resort is outdated, service is poor, untrained, staff at the reception desk does not speak english, (or pretend not to, especially when you are complaining about air conditioner not working, water in the shower changing temperature from cold to boiling every 10 seconds, pillows are hard as bricks, old pieces of soap never removed from the showers, bottles with body wash never refilled until you ask them to...etc...
And also please note that in this hotel superior room means the worst one!
They re-use the slippers in the rooms, (which i found out only when checking out), which is extremely un-hygienic, i personally hate wearing any shoes after someone else that i don't even know.
There are huge size cockroaches crawling on the ground floor - which is where the breakfast and dinner room is located, by the way.. We once saw a dead rat near there as well...
Food at breakfast is poor and does not change for as long as you stay there. Much praised seafood buffet dinner on wednesday nights was outrageous, barbecued crab and prawns were a mash, obviously frozen before, fish tasteless, just like everything else...they don't even know what cutlery to serve for seafood, so you have to crack crabs with your teeth...
One of the stuff told us that actually their budget was cut thats why they are cutting on everything they can also.
Overall rating should be 3 star. Overall experience - average. Would not stay there ever again and will not recommend it to anyone. And it is not cheap either! For these money you can find a much better hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beach front resort with complete facilities and amenities for a 4 star resort. All rooms and food & beverage facilities cater to all types of guests whether honeymooners, families, business executives or conference delegates. Ideally located in arguably the best beach of Phuket, Kata. Behind the resort, an array of shops and convenience stores can be easily accessed. Staff Service is to provide all guests the best of Thai hospitality with a dash of genuine care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Kata Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Beach Resort And Spa Phuket