I simply cannot understand how this hotel has recieved even reasonable reviews.
We had booked to stay at this hotel in the middle of February. I do not even know where to start!
We arrived early evening and were shown to our room with quite rude and off hand service - certainly not representative of the land of smiles we had experienced everywhere else in Thailand. The room smelt of damp and was certainly not suitable at all for a family of 2 adults and 2 children of 9 and 11, for whom we had booked.
We agreed to upgrade our room, to save hassle and were shown 5 further rooms that were filthy, smelt of damp and in two of them had loose drain covers.
We finally agreed to a rather miserable pool side room which apparently was the best they had on offer. They then brought 'put you up' beds for both children which were covered in stains and excrement. After sending away 6 other beds with mattresses that looked like they had been pulled off a rubbish tip, we decided we could simply not stay here.
After rather offhand/rude attitude from the front of house staff, we eventually managed to speak to the hotel manager who after numerous conversations over the telephone finally agreed to refund our hotel costs.
Our travel advisors managed to rebook us in to the hotel we had stayed in previously. Whilst we were waiting for a taxi transfer in a very grubby reception, a tom cat sprayed all round reception and we saw more cockroaches in one hour that we had during our whole 16 day stay in Thailand. And we had a tray of complimentary drinks accidentally thrown all over us. The buffet looked rancid - depsite being starving and having had a long day of travelling, we simply could not bring ourselves to eat from.
We have heard since, a friend of ours in the travel industry had stayed here 10 years earlier and the hotel had smelt of damp then and she got food poisoning which kept her confined to her room for 4 days. I think we made a good call leaving when we did!
Bearing in mind we had been glamping in the national park - we are not hotel snobs - but this place was filthy beyond belief. It certainly does not reflect international hotel standards or display basic cleanliness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beyond Resort Kata (formerly Kata Beach Resort & Spa) is set directly on Kata Beach, Phuket's popular beach for couples and families with all the fun of a classic tropical holiday. The resort features 275 smart and stylish rooms and suites with sea views and pool access options, plus a room especially suitable for families. Lush gardens and a shimmering swimming pool and swim-up bar placed on a blissful beach side setting, with incredible sunset views across the blue of the Andaman Sea. Beyond Resort Kata can fulfill everyone's need or desire. All-day dining starts with a hearty breakfast with an ocean backdrop, and beachfront lunch or dinners. The Kids’ Club is available to keep the youngsters busy and happy while parents enjoy relaxation time. Kanda Spa is the ultimate retreat for individuals and couples. A gorgeous wedding venue, with wedding planners and packages will ensure a memorable and successful day. The resort can cater for up to 500 guests at any event, indoor or outdoor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Beyond Resort Kata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Beach Resort
- Beyond Resort Kata Phuket/Kata Beach