Beyond Resort Kata
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)
View Hotel
Phuket Kata Resort(Kata Beach)
  • Pool
Chanalai Flora Resort(Kata Beach)
View Hotel
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)
Rico's Bungalows(Kata Beach)
1,651 results
All reviewspool barbeachfront locationdeluxe seaview roomdirect beach accessinterconnecting roomsyour doorstepska barbuffet breakfastpool sidepool access roomfamily holidaybars and restaurantssun loungerslow seasonnoodlesegg stationtuk tuk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is beachfront with a lovely pool. The outside is fantastic however rooms are very basic.
We have booked here on our honeymoon and have not been given any special treatment even though it was advertised that honeymooners receive special bonuses.
We complained to reception however they "couldn't help"
We were put on the top floor even with a toddler. Which makes me nervous but again they couldn't help. We were booked in for late check out but will be getting kicked out at regular checkout time.
When we arrived late after 13 hours travel all up the porter refused to leave our room without a tip which I thought was rude.
The air conditioner was poor quality and resulted in poor sleep.
There is mould in the bathroom and I've spotted rats running around. However rooms are serviced every day to a clean standard.
The spa is nice and was running specials.
The hotel has its own taxi drivers with reasonable and honest prices.
All in all this is a nice hotel for families and people on a budget however if it's a special occasion I wouldn't waste my time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ADON1990
Andrew S, General Manager at Beyond Resort Kata, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for comments, please accept our sincere apologies if we fail to live up to your expections. We strive hard to ensure that every guest is happy.

Sorry to hear that you will not be returning to Kata Beach Resort and Spa, but if there is an opportunity we would like to welcome you back.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

After arriving here to celebrate our honeymoon, we were greeted by the staff ( language barrier a major problem) and taken to our room. Once arriving in our honeymoon suite we were extremely disappointed with the quality of our room. ( run down)
After complaining to reception we were then transferred to a lower poolside room, this was ok, but the dampness and smell from the room was overbearing, after contacting reception again, they upgraded us to a pool access room. This room was excellent, everything was clean and in working order.
A week into our stay however, we had been out in our private pool swimming for the afternoon, I had placed my wedding rings on the private balcony of our room as I didn't want to have them in the chlorine water. A couple of hours after hopping out of the pool, (we were inside our room) my rings had been stolen, (nothing else was taken) we reported this immediately to the hotel manager, only to be told to attend a local police station to make a report (which we did) I feel that the hotel certainly let us down as this was a private area, and we were here celebrating our honeymoon. The police advised that the hotel should be doing more, but I don't even think it was investigated!
Luckily I have travel insurance, however I'm now out of pocket.
Very disappointing.

Room Tip: If staying here, only stay in the best rooms, or you will be disappointed
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

A case of a diamond ring on the pool edge and gone missing in a private area??
Management investigate the incident and arrange to have the police report translated in order to proceed with insurance claim.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this incident which no one wanted it to happen.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here after spending time in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. After staying in a lot of hostels, I wanted to spend more money for something nicer where I could relax. Here I found good things and bad things.

The Good:
1. The staff seemed very friendly and helpful.
2. The location was right on the beach, and the beach is a very quite one. Perfect to relax on
3. The room was clean and was well kept. Loved the air conditioner since it was really hot

The Bad:
1. When I came, the main pool was under construction. I actually really wanted to stay here for the pool, which I know is funny since it is on a beach, but sometimes a pool is more relaxing
2. The room I got was in the front of the hotel and had a street view, which for the price was a big let down. I could kind of see the water from my room but not really. Plus the street was very loud during the day

I didn't try the spa or the food. I found better prices for those services at outside shops. Overall the whole thing was just ok, not great but not horrible

Room Tip: This place has rooms with private pools. You should look into those room. Ask for rooms in the back part of the hotel, more towards the beach rather than the hotel entrance
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comments. During your stay we have to close the pool down for a few days to repair a case of broken fresh water pipe feeding the pool. Delight to know that you enjoy the local shops around the hotel.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

After reading reviews prior to arriving I was unsure of what we might come across, we have just come back from 6 nights May29-June4th and I loved the place, the atmosphere was great.
We had a deluxe room with beach and pool views and often spent time on the balcony watching the view and yes it was hot 34 deg but that's what we went for.
The staff were very friendly and the rooms were clean and tidy.
The breakfasts were great in my opinion with something for everyone, fruits,pastries , cereal, bacon and eggs etc.
The location was perfect with a 7/11 across the road and many little shops,massage places and restaurants all very reasonable.
The pool was clean and we often spent time at the end of the day at the pool bar.
We had slight language issues at the counter but that made up the whole experience and we never felt uncomfortable.
As you can see we have not spent much time overseas but would definitely stay here again, thanks to all the staff who made our stay so relaxed and stress free.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Campip

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and we are delight to know that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

So disappointed with our stay. Cheap deal with Airasia.com but......we were led to believe this was a four star but no way. Our package said pool view this was true but pool was under Reno an no water in the pool.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else during the off season
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew S, General Manager at Beyond Resort Kata, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

If your stay was recently, the pool was never closed and was filled with water. If your stay was in late March, we had to close the pool urgenly for a few days to repair a broken water pipe. The second pool was open as usual during this time.