Stayed for 7 nights in a deluxe seaview room. We arrived at night and were given a room on the ground floor. The room was really dim and some lights were not working so we called reception who sent over 2 really unfriendly housekeeping ladies. For some reason, the lights were working, only very dim and they were very annoyed at us. There was also a musty smell in the room.
Next morning, we requested a change of room and got one room on the 4th floor. It was splendid where we got views of the sea and beautiful sunset. We still had issues with unfriendly housekeepers where they cleaned our rooms only in the late afternoon... always after 3pm!! So, we finally informed the nice ladies at reception to request for earlier cleaning times. And, life was happier after that.
What we liked most:
- delicious buffet breakfast. Especially loved the special drinks: lemongrass, pandanus, besides the usual juices. Loved the egg counter and best crispy bacon in the world too.
- best security guard we have ever encountered. He is always cheerful and greeted us when we left and arrived at the hotel.
- friendly reception staff, always accommodating, helped us to deal with unfriendly housekeepers.
- seafood BBQ where the food was grilled upon order and all seafood were really fresh.
- nice swimming pool with deckchairs facing the sea.
- spendid location: right at the beach, with multiple restaurants nearby.
- taxi and bus service right outside the hotel. Took the public bus to Phuket town for 35 Baht per person. Excellent!
- pool towels in the room and will be changed to fresh ones by housekeeping. When we had issues with late housekeeping, we were able to get fresh towels at the pool from 5pm-6pm. Really nice idea!
Some inconveniences which we did not like:
- Unfriendly housekeepers.
- Small ants in the room.
- Hotel taxis who charged expensive rates: 1900 Baht quoted for trip to airport!! We went outside the hotel and the cost was 1200 Baht for trip to airport. We always used the taxi service outside the hotel, never using the hotel taxi service.
- Overall ventilation in the hotel where we could get smell of cooking in our room.
- Wifi only at the lobby. This is only a minor inconvenience because we are on vacation and who needs wifi in the rooms anyway. We could get Wifi in the hotel lobby, restaurants and massage centers.
Overall, we had an enjoyable stay and hope to be back soon.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kata Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Kata Beach Resort And Spa Phuket