“Great location and service but average food”

Mom Tri's Kitchen at Villa Royale
Ranked #8 of 154 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$45
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fine dining in an award-winning restaurant set just above the rocks overlooking Kata Noi Beach. Panoramic sea views and the sound of the waves below create a peaceful, sensually indulgent and romantic setting. European favorites and Thai dishes are served either on the open-air terrace or Thai sala. Mom Tri’s Kitchen has won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 7 years in a row and offers over 750 labels.
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We had pretty high expectations by looking at the reviews in TA and since it was also recommended by our hotel.
Loved the place, the setting, and the greeting when you first step in.
It's divided into a lounge section where you could have your drinks first, and the restaurant section overlooking the beautiful sea.
Everything was great except for the food part; unfortunately when it came to Thai food, there wasn't much flavor in it. We ordered a pretty spicy dish (as set in the menu) but had received tasteless plates overflooded with sauce.

I'd recommend you go there for the view and drinks. As for the food... I wouldn't get my hopes up.

1  Thank Karim M
There are newer reviews for Mom Tri's Kitchen at Villa Royale

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Amazing view, amazing atmosphere, AMAZING food... not much more can be said. We did 3 courses each, 3 ppl all different choices and each dish was delicious.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had some amazing meals in Phuket this June. For our last dinner we decided to have one last special meal at we went to Mon Tri's Kitchen on the Saturday night. The location is fabulous as is the service- you can't fault it at all. The staff were all very personable and helpful.
We shared our entrees- Duck spring rolls and crab cakes- and these were quite nice. Great presentation.
The mains we had- Crab Cannelloni and Duck main. There looked fantastic (large size main meal too) however I the taste was lacking a little. I think that both meals lacked seasoning. Also in the crab cannelloni, the leeks were not softened down and were too hard to eat with the pasta and crab.
We don't mind paying the money they were asking for, and we have had a couple of other amazing meals in Thailand during this trip around the same price that tasted far better.
Perhaps their Thai dishes are better than their international dishes??

1  Thank MelAxP
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Beautiful setting with beautiful views. I can't fault Villa Royale, the service, the food, the setting- everything is just wonderful. I have been here three times now and have had an exceptional meal each time. Definitely worth going there.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the views at the beachside view table, service largely good but not as attentive as I was expecting! Good vegetarian options but despite at ordering having a conversation with the waiter to ensure the tofu thai red curry didn't have fish sauce in as I was a strict vegetarian I was presented with a prawn amuse bouche on my plate! The tofu vegetarian curry was however amazing, very tasty! And both desserts we ordered were outstanding - passion fruit crepe and chocolate pudding! Seafood ravioli to start I am also told was amazing! Loved the touch of the red rose! Overall great setting, some really good food, lots of added touches but far and away the most expensive meal we ate in thailand! £75 for two three courses with one alcoholic drink each! But if your not staying at kata noi the views are worth seeing!

1  Thank Katwak