“Pricey extras”

The Boathouse Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 173 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: French, Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Whether your palate prefers authentic Thai culinary traditions or sophisticated Western cuisine, savour leisurely lunches and fine dinners in our refined yet relaxed setting directly on Kata beach. The proud recipient of the “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine spectator every year since 2006, the Boathouse Restaurant has been synonymous with fine cuisine in Phuket for almost three decades. The gastronomical excellence of the haute cuisine is further enhanced by the restaurant’s idyllic setting along Kata Beach with its stunning panoramic views. Indoor and outdoor seating options are available with a different dining experience wherever you choose. Our regular guests from around the world consider this one of the most romantic memories to be made in Phuket.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Superb setting, great staff & lovely food at quite reasonable prices. My wife & I booked for the sunset dinner, a set 3 course menu ( 2 choices) at a reasonable 900Bht per head. The food was lovely, I had sat says & scallop as starter, braised lamb shank ( could have done with maybe some rosemary seasoning) for main & poached pear & ice cream for dessert. All lovely & perfect portions. My only gripe was that they seem to charge around 400bht for a local beer unless they charged for the bread they brought us. All in all god excellent, beverages well over priced

3  Thank aussiepomcouple
BoathouseByMontara, Manager at The Boathouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Aussiepomcouple,

Thanks for your superb review and I am really happy to hear that you have
enjoyed the sunset menu. Also thanks for the rosemary comment, we'll have a
look and check with chef if we need to add some more.
However, I do want to clarify that our local beers are at least half of the
price you mentioned. I will ask you to please check your bill again and do
get in touch with me should there had been a mistake in the posting and we
will refund you the money. Bread in our restaurant is
complimentary along with many other homemade treats.

I hope to be able to welcome you to the Wine & Grill again soon!

My e-mail is eam@boathousephuket.com.

Yours truly,
Santiago Lopez
Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

You might think that this restaurant just has an amazing view on the beach and sunset to offer along with average food, but it is actually probably only truly good restaurant in Kata — or maybe Phuket. Everything was super good and fresh and the wine list is pretty impressive. Service was impeccable and very friendly. We had dinner there probably three times has we stayed three nights at attached hotel and have never been bored with the menu. Call them ahead to book a table outside with the best sea view you can get, you don't want not to get that when you arrive there.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Delicious food in a wonderful setting! We had a fabulous evening here, seated with a perfect view of the sunset. I would definitely recommend a visit. The food is more expensive than other places in Thailand but no more than a standard meal in the UK and well worth every penny! You are really well looked after and they even provide a taxi service to and from your hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Perfect way to celebrate our anniversary. The view over Kata beach at sunset is amazing. Service was spot on(even picked us up and drove us back to our hostel) Food is delicious, at first I thought the portion size was going to be too small but I was stuffed by the end of the 3 courses. Great selection of wines although we opted for cocktails instead. I would highly recommend the Boathouse if you're staying close to Kata beach.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We reserved a table with best sea view before one month ago, the beautiful view make us surprise!
The service was good, 2 waitress always standby and helpfulness.
The foods are delicious, with good decor and good looking.
The prices are reasonable, not really expensive, we think it is quite cheap!

I went there with my family, total 7 people. All of them are enjoyed, surprised with the wonderful sea view, delicious foods and reasonable prices!! We would go there again!

Good restaurant, highly recommended!