“Amazing food and views”

The Boathouse Wine & Grill
Ranked #23 of 147 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$70
Cuisines: French, Seafood, European, Thai, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wrexham
“Amazing food and views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We enjoyed amazing food and drink at The Boathosue Wine & Grill, with wine recommendations for each dish. The view whilst enjoying dinner was stunning.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
phuket
“Not for me....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Have to say this restaurant was not for us, we found the menu very 60's and dated...

The thai choices were fine, but the European not, for me it was like a typical French restaurant, which we don't like ...

I am strict vegetarian so you can well imagine there was nothing. Apart from a sale on the menu....

Location is nice the restaurant is nice too, but like I said, not for us....

Lots more restaurants in Phuket to choose from with more healthy options and more modern menu....

• Visited June 2014
“Cool Cooking Class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had a fantastic cooking class I did with my wife, we learned traditional thai dishes and with an amazing view. Then ate our accomplishments.

Sorrento, Australia
“Devine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Devine food and service like no other. The best meal and dining experience we have ever had. Absolutely loved the Thail Green Lobster and the brilliant experience of the cooking class.

Hong Kong
“Average food for above average price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Might have been an off night, or maybe the restaurant doesn't have to try so hard due to it being a landmark location within Kata. We made reservation by walking in, no offer of a pick up was made by the staff, and apparently this is part of the service. Beers were chilled and given in an ice-bucket which was a nice touch. The band were excellent, really really, good. The food however, Lab Gai had no heat to it at all, as a Thai staple in a restaurant I expect to be given authenticity. Sadly this was not the case, there was hardly any chili in the dish and it was off par to other Lab Gai's we've had outside of Thailand. Same went for the Masaman curry, which was very mild, a little runny. All of the above would have been alright but when presented with the price, it was seen as average.

• Visited July 2014
Marie-Laure F, Manager at The Boathouse Wine & Grill, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Makkun70

Thank you for taking the time to review Boathouse Wine & Grill. I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed with some of our Thai dishes. All our Thai dishes are prepared using authentic recipes and techniques. We offer our guest the option to increase or decrease the spice levels based on their preference. I do apologise if this was not offered to you. For our Massaman curry we use half coconut cream and half coconut milk as a way to balance the richness of the dish which might make it seem runny. I will definitely bring up your comment to our Thai chef.

I would love to restore your faith in our Thai cuisine should you come back to Phuket . If this is the case, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on chef@boathousephuket.com so that we can arrange for this and I look forward to seeing you again at Boathouse Wine & Grill.

Culinary regards,