we stayed in a poolside access room. We found it nice and clean but if you are after a nice warm cosy room then this hotel isnt it. Everything is simple and effects are done through polished concrete. The workmanship needs some quality assurance behind it. I would suggest booking this hotel if you are after something new and in a quiet area of of Kata Beach. There a good prices to be had at last minute prices and would not suggest staying here if it wasnt.
Our room had some issues with the shower area where the water ran into the batthroom area. It smelled mouldy and the room itself always has mozzies. I had the room sprayed everyday. Something to note if your skin does not respond well to mozzie bites like myself.
It has been noted that it is on a hill and hence its namesake. If are are mobility challenged then this hotel does pose a problem however if you can walk this should not deter you. The gold buggies are available to take you up and down though it may be a short wait at times. Not everything has to be a rush.
All in all
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, trendy treat and giving you a new kind of stylish sensual experience surrounded by cascading water from eleven multi-tiered infinity swimming pools set among beautiful tropical gardens, with superb views of Kata Beach and beyond from the chic and contemporary rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sugar Palm Grand Hillside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Palm Grand, Hillside Hotel Kata Beach
- Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Kata
- Sugar Palm Grand Hillside Phuket/Kata Beach