“Amazing!”

Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Australia
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

The best place we stayed on our honeymoon!
We stayed for our last 4 nights and could not fault at all!
We booked a package direct through the hotel that also had inclusions, such as a Dinner or 2.5 hours daily in the day spa. Best value for luxury we have ever seen!
I recommend that you book really early as the mor in advance you book the better the prices.
The villa was stunning and completely romantic and private.
The only things that could be improved (if you had to be very picky) the mini pool/jacuzzi in the room would be great if warm.. as it would be more relaxing to soak.
Also the breakfast was very average, not enough variety and lacking some basic western items such as baked beans, hash browns; etc. The addition of these things and some fresh juice or a juice bar would be amazing.
Overall the place was magic and the Thai restaurant served some of the best food we ate on out trip..delicious!!!!

Room Tip: The Baray villa is worth the extra!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ozsurf
barayvilla, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this review, 17 December 2011
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment us on TripAdvisor. We are very much appreciated that you have a wonderful honeymoon here with us at The Baray Villa. In addition to these, we also thank you for your useful comment. Whole of our pool - Main pool, private pool and jacuzzi, we use same water, that is the reason why we are not able to provide warm water at the jacuzzi. Moreover, we provide fresh juice corner at The Thai Cuisine Restaurant. You can order by note on special request on the Breakfast list if you prefer to have the breakfast in room - we do apologize that we didn't mention on the Breakfast list. For some special menu, you are able to order others menu that we didn't provide with complimentary for breakfast as well. We do thank you very much for you kind staying with us and we are looking forward for your returning soon !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team....

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I'm staying here at The Baray Villa for 5 days and 4 nights. At first, my idea of Phuket would be hot and sweaty. However, from the first step that I entered The Baray Villa, their shades from trees and greenish environment keep us cool with light breezes for all the time of my staying. With the spa-alike aroma all around the villa's area give relaxation to our body and peace to our mind. The staff are friendly, their smiles and gratitude welcome us during our stay.

The Baray Villa is a very nice place with beautiful decorations which balance out in every-way throughout the entire area. Together with the atmosphere around the villa which supports the architecture, make The Baray Villa all the more amaze. I'm really impressed with this staying. If there is next time for my vacation in Phuket, I will definitely coming here at The Baray Villa.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Thongkitsiri
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review us on TripAdvisor. Regarding to your recent stay at The Baray Villa, we are very much appreciated to hear that you have a great time here and also relax at all. We are looking forward to welcome you for your next time in Phuket.

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team....
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

We have been to Phuket many times, but I must say that the people at Sawasdee Village and Baray Villas has delivered impeccably in terms of service.

Our original booking had been for 3 nights at the Sawasdee Village garden deluxe room, however, we found the room too small and our room was just outside the pool bar which is quite noisy, so decided to upgrade to the Baray Villas.

The gardens at the sawasdee village are beautiful...many scupltures and water features, echoing thai culture . Tranquil yet lively estate. Still,I have to say that the entrance to the villas alone are magnificent and the whole layout seems to remind you of Arabian royalty! IT's like a royal palace! All the amenities in the villas are modern. Jacuzzi which leads out to plunge pool, adjacent a sun deck. However you do not get much sun within the area, but once you swim out to the main pool plenty of sun. Nice Pool bar with very reasonable prices for cocktails, especially happy hr. Very good selection of in-room breakfast menu too.

The design of the villas, it is so unique to the point that each and every detail of a guest experience is well thought through....provide Imacs in the rooms with very fast wireless connection, footbaths and books for relaxation, in house channel with really good selection of movies! It shows that the owner and designer has really immersed into not only the beauty but also the functionality of a property design.

As a guest, I believe you can tell when hotel staff are professional and couteous, however, in Baray villas the staff are not only efficient, but their smiles and attitude comes genuine from their hearts. That is something difficult to replicate...you can feel that the staff are happy working and socialising.

Thank you Swasdee Village and Baray Villa! I'm sure your ranking on tripadvisor will maintain top spots with your competence in hospitality and dedication to improvements!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jleegr8
barayvilla, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Dear Value Guest,

We do thank you very much for your kind comment us on TripAdvisor and we are very much appreciated to hear that you are appreciated with our properties and also our staffs. Our design of The Baray Villa was inspired from the Arabian Palace, our villas are the fusion of Arabian, Morocco and Indian with hospitality Thai Service. In addition to these, our facilities should be match with our guests life style so we provide everthing which is neccessary for guests. Thank you very much for your kind staying with us.We hope to see you soon !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

This is my first time in Phuket, I chose to stay in The Baray Villa with my friends in a long vacation.
The room is very nice with 2 floors in unique decoration. The room and the place look very luxurious, suitable with the price we paid for the room.
I could say that staying in The Baray Villa is the right choice! Other than the room, which is amazing.
There are 3 levels of pools. By 3 levels, I mean the inner level pool, which is the private pool with jacuzzi inside each villa.
The surrounding pool, which is the pool around each villa’s area, beach chair for sun bathing and in-pool stool are here for chit-chat and play around.
The last pool is the connecting pool, this connect all The Villa together. We can travel from one villa to another by swimming. I can visit my friends’ villa without having to leave the pool.
This is so COOL!! Other than the pool, there is Kata beach. From the hotel, we can walk to Kata beach (it's about 10 minute).
Rather than just walk, there are shops along the way to the beach. There are no gap for boredom along our way, every trip to the beach are full with things to see and to buy.
Next time I’m in Phuket, I will keep The Baray Villa as my first choice of staying.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Nantanit H
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your candid comment on TripAdvisor. That is our honor to have you with us in The Baray Villa and we are very much appreciated to hear that you had a great time during stay here. We hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back soon !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team...
Lenzerheide, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

This is my first time to Phuket so I did a lot of research before choosing this hotel. After reading so many good reviews, I had high expectations and a fear that the hotel may not be able to live it and I might face a dissatisfaction especially I always stay at Ocean Front resort for my beach vacations.
This hotel is not very near to the beach; it was about 15 minutes walk away from the main action of Kata Beach. They provide the shuttle bus to go to Kata Beach as well and also the complimentary sun desk at the beach. That is very beautiful time we spent there.
Baray Villa exceeded my expectations. It was beautiful, romantic and serene. Thank you TripAdvisor!!!. I realized that all the excellent reviews posted about these villas are accurate as soon as I stepped inside a Baray Villa; it is like being in another world. The decor through out the villa is lots of gold, glass and brass hanging lights, with a bit of natural wood thrown in with lush gardens and an amazing mixture of traditional Thai and North African architecture.

I have private Jacuzzi inside our villa which connects with our private pool and the main pool outside. I can stayed all day in the Villa, there are anything we need, full stock of mini bar, tea-coffee making facility, TV and 24 hours internet access ( this is the most important for me….LOVE IT) with wireless keyboard and mouse in our bed room, etc. One of the best accommodation venues I have visited worldwide.
I have stayed in many hotels throughout Asia and the pacific and have never experienced the service that the staff here provides is outstanding. The staff at this hotel is really special and is some of the most obliging, helpful, friendly, well trained and charming that we have encountered anywhere; they go out of their way to make ones stay memorable.
If you like large hotels situated right on the beach this hotel is most likely not for you.
Overall I highly recommend the Baray Villa and would definitely return!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Allen M
barayvilla, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Dear Value Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor and that would be great to hear that you had a wonderful time during stay at The Baray Villa. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team!!!
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

We had two nights at the Baray Villa after a couple at Sawasdee Village, this place is everything that reviews made it out to be. Our villa was huge with large living area downstairs with jacuzzi that led into own private small pool area, this then led out into the long shared pool area with bar at the end to cool off. The bedroom and bathroom area was just as large with beautiful bath set in the middle, plenty of wardrobe space for two and double sinks - all with a very nice finish.

Two huge TV's upstairs and downstairs - again with Mac and free internet, nice touch indeed. The bed was massive and very comfortable, single unit, not two pushed together. There was a foot spa at the end of the bed with sofa to sit on and dangle your feet, enjoyed with a book. Villa cleaned each day to a high standard and it was nice to have a real coffee machine with quality choice of drinks in fridge.

You can have a set meal for two (or a la carte) or airport transfer for each night you stay, we took the meals and had a bottle of wine thrown in on our first night - restaurant was good and the Thai food was better than elsewhere in Kata. Breakfast was equally nice with large choice of dishes from all over the world, Iced Coffee was superb here.

The small private pool was beautiful with a couple of lilo's to lounge on, the main villa pool was never busy and of course there were a few leaves here and there, the staff did clean it every morning but leaves did not pose us any issues as they seem to have for other reviewers. My wife loved the pool so much and we had a few great games of connect 4 with bar staff - she lost in 3 moves, not possible I know but these guys know how to play that game.

Kata beach itself was OK but not for us and busy, the Villas were a haven away from that and time seemed to fly by there. If you can afford it, this has to be one of the nicest places to stay in Kata by far.

We will be back one day, the staff here are great and cannot do enough for you - the management should be very proud of them. We did not want to leave and nearly extended our stay just to be at this magnificent hotel a bit longer.

Room Tip: furthest left from the entrance are probably best
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Squally_and_Jhallow
barayvilla, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
Dear Value Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind staying with us in Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa and also thank you very much for your kindness to review us on TripAdvisor. Regarding to your recent stay with us, we are very much appreciated to hear that you have a great stay here.
We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

I visited Sawasdee Village about 3 years ago and I got the chance to see the newly finish The Baray Villa. From that moment onward, I dream to come here again and I must certainly try out The Baray Villa. Now, that day has come, we stayed in The Baray Villa for 5 days. All we can say is it making my Phuket trip PERFECT!! By staying here, It make us doesn't want to leave the place. Just staying in the villa is more than enough enjoyment and relaxation. The thing I really like about the villa is the private pool inside my villa and the pool which surround the villa as well. Other than the private pool, the public pool which connected with other Baray guest is nice too. This pool only available for The Baray Villa's guest. The long pool with sound of waterfall and the mountain-view.
All we can say about this place is we TOTALLY LOVE it here and we make a promise to our-self, whenever we travel to Phuket, we will stay here and NOT anywhere else for sure.
The Baray Villa is a totally recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family