“The Baray Villa is really different all the decoration is wonderful”
Review of The Baray Villa

The Baray Villa
Ranked #15 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
“The Baray Villa is really different all the decoration is wonderful”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I'm greatly impress with this hotel , I love this atmosphere just like time you are in another place not Phuket. I and my husband rest garden deluxe room and looking foward next time to rest in villa if I have more time I dont miss it

2 Thank Korrapin T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We stayed at the Baray Villa between 16 - 18 December in room 203 and I have to say that the Baray Villas are stunning!

My wife and I have stayed at many places around the world and I have to say that these villas beat all of them as far as room, design and architecture are concerned. The villas come complete with a drawing room, outdoor shower, a private Jacuzzi and a private pool on the ground level, and a bedroom along with a big bathroom on the first level. The Private pool then opens into a bigger picturesque pool which is reserved exclsuively for Baray Villas gusts.The Villas are done up beautifully in an arabic style. While the entrance to the hotel itself is not very grand, it is an oasis of peace and tranquility once you are inside the hotel

The service is top notch. The staff always greet you and smile wherever you move around the hotel. A special thanks to Tuk Tuk, M and Amp for taking very good care of us while we were there. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and and all our requests were attended to immediately.

The only trouble that we faced (and this is not the hotel's fault) was limited vegetarian options and especially Indian vegetarian. For all Indian veggies, there is a restaurant called Royal India near Kata beach (opposite Serene resort and spa)

My limited suggestion is that the breakfast spread could be improved in terms of quantity (maybe a few more vegetarian options).

We would absolutely recommend staying at the Baray Villa if you are in Phuket!!

Room Tip: All Baray Villas are awesome!
1 Thank kiraath_desai
barayvilla, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this review, 21 December 2011
Dear Value Guest,

On behalf of our staff, we would be appreciated to hear that our service met your satisfaction and you had a great time during to stay here with us. In addition to these, thank you very much for your kind review us on TripAdvisor. Your comment is very useful for us to improve our service for vegetarian food. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future !

Australia
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The best place we stayed on our honeymoon!
We stayed for our last 4 nights and could not fault at all!
We booked a package direct through the hotel that also had inclusions, such as a Dinner or 2.5 hours daily in the day spa. Best value for luxury we have ever seen!
I recommend that you book really early as the mor in advance you book the better the prices.
The villa was stunning and completely romantic and private.
The only things that could be improved (if you had to be very picky) the mini pool/jacuzzi in the room would be great if warm.. as it would be more relaxing to soak.
Also the breakfast was very average, not enough variety and lacking some basic western items such as baked beans, hash browns; etc. The addition of these things and some fresh juice or a juice bar would be amazing.
Overall the place was magic and the Thai restaurant served some of the best food we ate on out trip..delicious!!!!

Room Tip: The Baray villa is worth the extra!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ozsurf
barayvilla, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this review, 17 December 2011
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment us on TripAdvisor. We are very much appreciated that you have a wonderful honeymoon here with us at The Baray Villa. In addition to these, we also thank you for your useful comment. Whole of our pool - Main pool, private pool and jacuzzi, we use same water, that is the reason why we are not able to provide warm water at the jacuzzi. Moreover, we provide fresh juice corner at The Thai Cuisine Restaurant. You can order by note on special request on the Breakfast list if you prefer to have the breakfast in room - we do apologize that we didn't mention on the Breakfast list. For some special menu, you are able to order others menu that we didn't provide with complimentary for breakfast as well. We do thank you very much for you kind staying with us and we are looking forward for your returning soon !

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I'm staying here at The Baray Villa for 5 days and 4 nights. At first, my idea of Phuket would be hot and sweaty. However, from the first step that I entered The Baray Villa, their shades from trees and greenish environment keep us cool with light breezes for all the time of my staying. With the spa-alike aroma all around the villa's area give relaxation to our body and peace to our mind. The staff are friendly, their smiles and gratitude welcome us during our stay.

The Baray Villa is a very nice place with beautiful decorations which balance out in every-way throughout the entire area. Together with the atmosphere around the villa which supports the architecture, make The Baray Villa all the more amaze. I'm really impressed with this staying. If there is next time for my vacation in Phuket, I will definitely coming here at The Baray Villa.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Thongkitsiri
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review us on TripAdvisor. Regarding to your recent stay at The Baray Villa, we are very much appreciated to hear that you have a great time here and also relax at all. We are looking forward to welcome you for your next time in Phuket.

Reviewed 8 December 2011

We have been to Phuket many times, but I must say that the people at Sawasdee Village and Baray Villas has delivered impeccably in terms of service.

Our original booking had been for 3 nights at the Sawasdee Village garden deluxe room, however, we found the room too small and our room was just outside the pool bar which is quite noisy, so decided to upgrade to the Baray Villas.

The gardens at the sawasdee village are beautiful...many scupltures and water features, echoing thai culture . Tranquil yet lively estate. Still,I have to say that the entrance to the villas alone are magnificent and the whole layout seems to remind you of Arabian royalty! IT's like a royal palace! All the amenities in the villas are modern. Jacuzzi which leads out to plunge pool, adjacent a sun deck. However you do not get much sun within the area, but once you swim out to the main pool plenty of sun. Nice Pool bar with very reasonable prices for cocktails, especially happy hr. Very good selection of in-room breakfast menu too.

The design of the villas, it is so unique to the point that each and every detail of a guest experience is well thought through....provide Imacs in the rooms with very fast wireless connection, footbaths and books for relaxation, in house channel with really good selection of movies! It shows that the owner and designer has really immersed into not only the beauty but also the functionality of a property design.

As a guest, I believe you can tell when hotel staff are professional and couteous, however, in Baray villas the staff are not only efficient, but their smiles and attitude comes genuine from their hearts. That is something difficult to replicate...you can feel that the staff are happy working and socialising.

Thank you Swasdee Village and Baray Villa! I'm sure your ranking on tripadvisor will maintain top spots with your competence in hospitality and dedication to improvements!

3 Thank Jleegr8
barayvilla, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Dear Value Guest,

We do thank you very much for your kind comment us on TripAdvisor and we are very much appreciated to hear that you are appreciated with our properties and also our staffs. Our design of The Baray Villa was inspired from the Arabian Palace, our villas are the fusion of Arabian, Morocco and Indian with hospitality Thai Service. In addition to these, our facilities should be match with our guests life style so we provide everthing which is neccessary for guests. Thank you very much for your kind staying with us.We hope to see you soon !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team...
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 6 December 2011

This is my first time in Phuket, I chose to stay in The Baray Villa with my friends in a long vacation.
The room is very nice with 2 floors in unique decoration. The room and the place look very luxurious, suitable with the price we paid for the room.
I could say that staying in The Baray Villa is the right choice! Other than the room, which is amazing.
There are 3 levels of pools. By 3 levels, I mean the inner level pool, which is the private pool with jacuzzi inside each villa.
The surrounding pool, which is the pool around each villa’s area, beach chair for sun bathing and in-pool stool are here for chit-chat and play around.
The last pool is the connecting pool, this connect all The Villa together. We can travel from one villa to another by swimming. I can visit my friends’ villa without having to leave the pool.
This is so COOL!! Other than the pool, there is Kata beach. From the hotel, we can walk to Kata beach (it's about 10 minute).
Rather than just walk, there are shops along the way to the beach. There are no gap for boredom along our way, every trip to the beach are full with things to see and to buy.
Next time I’m in Phuket, I will keep The Baray Villa as my first choice of staying.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Nantanit H
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your candid comment on TripAdvisor. That is our honor to have you with us in The Baray Villa and we are very much appreciated to hear that you had a great time during stay here. We hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back soon !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team...
Lenzerheide, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 November 2011

This is my first time to Phuket so I did a lot of research before choosing this hotel. After reading so many good reviews, I had high expectations and a fear that the hotel may not be able to live it and I might face a dissatisfaction especially I always stay at Ocean Front resort for my beach vacations.
This hotel is not very near to the beach; it was about 15 minutes walk away from the main action of Kata Beach. They provide the shuttle bus to go to Kata Beach as well and also the complimentary sun desk at the beach. That is very beautiful time we spent there.
Baray Villa exceeded my expectations. It was beautiful, romantic and serene. Thank you TripAdvisor!!!. I realized that all the excellent reviews posted about these villas are accurate as soon as I stepped inside a Baray Villa; it is like being in another world. The decor through out the villa is lots of gold, glass and brass hanging lights, with a bit of natural wood thrown in with lush gardens and an amazing mixture of traditional Thai and North African architecture.

I have private Jacuzzi inside our villa which connects with our private pool and the main pool outside. I can stayed all day in the Villa, there are anything we need, full stock of mini bar, tea-coffee making facility, TV and 24 hours internet access ( this is the most important for me….LOVE IT) with wireless keyboard and mouse in our bed room, etc. One of the best accommodation venues I have visited worldwide.
I have stayed in many hotels throughout Asia and the pacific and have never experienced the service that the staff here provides is outstanding. The staff at this hotel is really special and is some of the most obliging, helpful, friendly, well trained and charming that we have encountered anywhere; they go out of their way to make ones stay memorable.
If you like large hotels situated right on the beach this hotel is most likely not for you.
Overall I highly recommend the Baray Villa and would definitely return!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Allen M
barayvilla, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Dear Value Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor and that would be great to hear that you had a wonderful time during stay at The Baray Villa. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team!!!