See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I stayed here for 1 month and didnt have any complaints, very nice clean rooms and friendly staff in a good location close to the beach kata and karon. I Would definitely stay here again if i ever went back to that part of Phuket.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank CJS_888
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights with my girlfriend in a Mini Suite room last week. Friendly staff and considering everything is more expensive in Phuket than other parts of Thailand, the accommodation was reasonable value but didn't offer anything outstanding for the money. Clean and comfortable, but not luxurious.

Location is very good, with Kata beach a few minutes walk away and Kata Noi (probably the better of the 2 beaches, with really good sunsets as it faces more directly to the west than Kata beach) a short tuk tuk ride away for 150-200 baht. Plenty of small restaurants and bars nearby. Airport pickup for 400 baht offered by the guest house was well worth it. 750 baht on the way back.

We were originally offered a Modern Suite room for 2,200 baht per night and then having booked and paid a 50% deposit were told actually that room wasn't available and were we ok with the Mini Suite for 1,900 baht. From the pictures I would say the difference was more than 300 baht, but the room was fine and had a balcony (albeit with a view straight onto the wall of another building, but was nice to have some outside space). E-mails dried up after the first couple though and a few were ignored so I had to ring the hotel to confirm if we had the booking.

Almost certainly wouldn't stay here again if we returned as I think there are better deals around (in Jan 2009, I stayed at the Hilton Arcadia in Karon for 2,700 baht) but a good place to spend a few days relaxing in the sun.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Only stayed for 2 nights should have been 3 and would have stayed longer but they were fully booked.
Only downside I was delayed from London, so emailed hotel direct to say I would miss the 1st night but please keep the rest of booking. Twice I sent an email direct to hotel but with no reply.
In the end I rang the hotel, but it would have so much been easier to get confirmation email back.

Couldn't fault the rooms, and bathroom both spotless and goodsize.
Excellent Air Conditioning.
No breakfast included, a shame as most accomodation nearby all include breakfast.
Excellent internet wifi, at no extra charge.

Great location, 10 min walk to Kata beach.
Bars and Restaurants just around the corner, but very quiet in the rooms.
The best beach was Kata Noi. About a 35 mins walk or if you haggle 150 bahts in tuk tuk.

I would stop here again, no problem.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2011

Myself and my girlfriend stayed at a nearby hotel and through advertising saw the Kata Thai Cooking class which is situated in the 3rd Street Cafe. Kelly the owner and chef picked us up from our hotel and took us to the cafe. At a cost of 1000 thb we were able to make 3 courses, which were all lovely. A great introduction to Thai cooking and the Thai style of cooking. There is also an assistant on hand to help with the process which is great. Very highly recommended, and we had a great time.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 25 January 2011

No non-sense guesthouse in busy Kata. We have stayed here for three nights. Very comfortable lounge, airy feel, with a view of the hills on the background. Room #1 has an excellent bathroom!
Owner Kelly offers cooking classes for 1000THB; well worth it, as you get to eat the 3-4 dishes at the end.
Free internet, location is quiet, it is on a side street from the main road. Kelly organised the pick up from the airport for 400TBH, also organised the ferry trip to Phi Phi.
Among the beaches, we enjoyed Kata Noi the best; it costs 200THB with the local taxis (yes, they are very expensive, considering the very short ride; unfortunately, they have a local taxi mafia operating here) but it is worth it.
Recommended as a small guesthouse with character.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family