See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I didn't stay at this guesthouse, but attended the evening cooking class there (KataThaiCookingClass.com) and really enjoyed it. They provided round trip to/from nearby Karon. Kelly, the instructor, is very friendly and makes the small class feel comfortable to ask any questions; also adjusts to your diet needs. Very clean kitchen as well. We all had our own work stations, which I really like. Don't eat before attending this class, had enough food to take away with us, which they were happy to wrap neatly for us to take. And the price 1400Thb is right. Would recommend.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This was the first place I stayed in Thailand and the owner was very helpful. Because my flight did not land till after 1:00am in Phuket...it was a late night arrival but still she was very accommodating. The place was clean and very cozy. A good moderate location with one of the best restaurants next door for food I had in my whole stay in Thailand. Also uniquely, on Mondays and Thursdays of the regular season there was a wonderful local gathering of vendors of foods and goods in an outdoor bizarre that was very cool. Also some of the best and most unique food I had while in Thailand.
A great place to stay with very affordable pricing. I would come back again!!!
Just about a 7 minute walk to the beach.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank tiernone
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Me and my girlfriend didn't stay at the 3rd Street Cafe but a nearby Bed & Breakfast (Villareal Heights) and the owner Phil told us that this should be the best place to take a Thai Cooking Class. The cooking class was in the 3rd Street Cafe, but i can see on the homepage (www.katathaicooking.com) that Kelly (the owner) will be moving the cooking class to another location in August 2011. There where only the two of us attending the cooking class so it was very private and cozy. The market tour and instructions doing the class was very good and Kellys english is fluent! We made 4 dished and got a recipe book with us. Back home in Denmark we have successfully made these great dishes again!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I stayed here for 1 month and didnt have any complaints, very nice clean rooms and friendly staff in a good location close to the beach kata and karon. I Would definitely stay here again if i ever went back to that part of Phuket.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank CJS_888
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights with my girlfriend in a Mini Suite room last week. Friendly staff and considering everything is more expensive in Phuket than other parts of Thailand, the accommodation was reasonable value but didn't offer anything outstanding for the money. Clean and comfortable, but not luxurious.

Location is very good, with Kata beach a few minutes walk away and Kata Noi (probably the better of the 2 beaches, with really good sunsets as it faces more directly to the west than Kata beach) a short tuk tuk ride away for 150-200 baht. Plenty of small restaurants and bars nearby. Airport pickup for 400 baht offered by the guest house was well worth it. 750 baht on the way back.

We were originally offered a Modern Suite room for 2,200 baht per night and then having booked and paid a 50% deposit were told actually that room wasn't available and were we ok with the Mini Suite for 1,900 baht. From the pictures I would say the difference was more than 300 baht, but the room was fine and had a balcony (albeit with a view straight onto the wall of another building, but was nice to have some outside space). E-mails dried up after the first couple though and a few were ignored so I had to ring the hotel to confirm if we had the booking.

Almost certainly wouldn't stay here again if we returned as I think there are better deals around (in Jan 2009, I stayed at the Hilton Arcadia in Karon for 2,700 baht) but a good place to spend a few days relaxing in the sun.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple