See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for couple days, paid everything in advance at Expedia.com site and confirmed by email prior to flight to this hotel at Phuket. When I arrived at 3rd Street Hotel, the owner said they overbooked and tried to accomodate in a very worst room around 100 mts of this hotel. I didn`t accept it, first because I did the reservation for the best hotel room and they was not going to refund me if I stayed in lower level room, second because I loose the confidence in this hotel once they do not honour their words. Overbooking activity is tottaly unnaceptable and must be punished by law. The hotel pictures in the site does not reflect what really is ( I checked personally) the common areas. For the ones that are loking for a calm and beautiful beach, I recommend Chaba Hotel or Beach Boutique hotel ( both at Kata Beach around 800 m from 3rd street hotel)... or better, hotels located at Kata Noa beach ( around 5 km from Kata beach).

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Not sure what other people who wrote review are used to but I booked a stay at this place confident it would be a memorable one. It was surely memorable, but not for the right reasons.
If you are in a hurry, just listen to me: DO NOT STAY HERE unless you are planning to spend the whole day at the beach and the whole night at the bars, without really spending more than a couple of hours in the room.

If you are still here, good, read on the detail of my experience.
- Direction: the place is pretty new so taxi/bus don't know where it is. Ensure you have the phone number of the hotel to give to the driver so he can ask and finally get you there. It may be helpful to say that it's on the back of the Outdoor Inn
- Check in: we arrived early afternoon and while our info was ready, they didn't know we asked for an extra bed. Little issue... they provided one right away so it was fine. I was prompted for the bill that needed to be paid in advance. I didn't mind it and I presented my credit card. The person at the counter, with broken English, replied that only cash was accepted. After a while, it turned out that the person didn't know how to use the credit card terminal so, after my complaining, she managed to get someone to get in and do the job for her.
- Room: rooms are new, as the place was built recently. The quality isn't the highest and, despite we got the "suite", it was on par with other places I stayed before but that were a lot cheaper (the size of the bathroom was very big but the fittings definitely not up to it, without shower curtain and with a normal electric water heater)
- Neighborhood: the place is in a good position on a back street but it's right on top of a very active bar which parties until late night. This was the worst part of my stay as I couldn't close eye until 2am or so every single night due to the noise coming
- Breakfast: it was included in the room price but I wasn't impressed. Every day 2 eggs, one slice of ham and one slice of bacon (which got smaller each day). Vegan option: a plate of pinapple. There should have been a third option but it wasn't available during our stay.
- Staff: there were only 2 people onsite from 8am till about 8pm (it's a small place and it was low season so I guess that's acceptable). Nobody was available in the period 8pm-8am and everything was closed and lights were off in the main reception/restaurant area. Both people didn't speak much English so we were lucky not to have real need to speak to them to get through our vacation. I can surely say that the people onsite tried very hard to be helpful and the results were limited just because of their skills, not their will to work hard.
- Taxi: we asked for a taxi to go to airport when we were leaving and it took them 30 minutes to get someone to pick us up (I think they got a friend to drive there so to keep the money in the "family"... still it was exactly same price as taxi on the street)
- Incident: the drain of the bathroom got clogged during our stay and started to flood water to the bathroom floor. We had to wait until the next day for it to be fixed (it was early evening when we reported it). We got granted the use of another room's bathroom so this didn't become a big issue in the end.

Altogether this is my final verdict: the place is a guesthouse and should be priced as a guesthouse (1K THB max / night, we paid about 2.5 times that much). Even at that price, a few things are still unacceptable (little to no english spoken, reception closed at night, waiting 30 min for taxi, extremely noisy neighborhood). I'm giving it 2 stars instead of 1 just because of the good will of the staff and their hard work.

Room Tip: Get a room with a shower, not the bathtub.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Davide P
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I love the style of this hotel as it looks good as presented in photos. There are 7 rooms in here and each of them are different from each others but I did not get the chance to see all them though. Moreover, the building is spotless, clean and good smell which thx to two ladies who clean it and managed my room everyday to be fresh clean room during my stay of 4 nights.

The staffs: Khun Vi, the manager/owner is quite nice and friendly as once when I informed her about leaking of water from a/c then half an hour the repairman arrived with Lucky, the receptionist and another two ladies to clean my place very quickly. Then all the pb gone within 1 hours after their arriving. All of them said 'Sorry' for this inconveniences many times which was the good manner of them. In addition, they try to provide help, advises and even offered to escort me to pharmacy at 8 pm. when I need some meds. Big Thanks for that!!

The location: It is next to many other cheaper guesthouses such as Southern Fried Rice, Ship Inn ect. but this one is quite new as it reopened in Aug 2013 after renovation during low season. It takes about 10 minutes to the beach for slow walker like myself but safe pathway. However, it is next to a bar and some of them turned on music and/or having party but it was not too noisy and never be over than midnight. However, I and my partner are deep sleepers so we never find pb with sleeping, even during peak season of Chiangmai, Thailand which visitors seem to come here for having firework war and concerts in every beer gardens.

In addition, the bar next door is operated as a tour agency during the daytime which sold us the carpool ticket for 200 baht/person from Kata-Airport while the other agencies wanted to sell us at 300 baht or calling 800-1000 baht from private taxi. However I dont remember his name or number, but location. The van picked us ontime and wasnt in bad condition; not too old, with a/c and picked up another 9 people from kata to patong. Afterward, we arrived airport within 1.45 hours which was not too bad and cheap.

The free wifi-- It was pbs in the first few days but after the guy fixed it then it much improved. I could be able to watch YouTube and upload things online. On the other hand, I dont know about sustainability of system which you shall ask before your checking-in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This hotel was a surprise discovery for me. It was my second time going to Phuket, and staying at Kata Beach. The staff at the guesthouse were really sweet. We arrived really late at night but yet, they were there waiting for us with a big smile on their face to check us in. Breakfast is a simple affair. The room was spacious and clean. Location is absolutely perfect. It's only a 5-10 minute walk to Kata beach. There are restaurants, bars and shops around the guesthouse.

The only one complain which I have BUT I'm not sure if it was completely the guesthouse's fault - We had a really early flight to catch when we were leaving Phuket and none of the minivan service (which cost THB200 per person) began that early so we asked the staff at the guesthouse to arrange an airport transfer for us. We paid THB800 in total for the airport transfer for the 2 of us. However, while we were on the way to the airport, the driver stops at a hotel and was waiting to pick other guests up! Firstly, if we had paid THB200 per person I would be able to accept this because it would be a minivan service but we paid THB800!! Secondly, we didn't have enough time! If my friend hadn't told the guy to get moving, we might have missed our flight!

So, if you do decide to ask the guesthouse to arrange an airport transfer for you, my advice is to make sure upfront that is specifically for you, and they're not picking other people up.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I came to Phuket with my friend for holiday and a bit working for a week.
We stayed here for 7 nights. I was very happy to stay here.First day we got in the hotel very late But a staff in the guesthouse was waiting us for checking in with big smile. Room was cleaned and nice. Staffs ( Lucky and Mon ) are so friendly and helpful..Thank you.
The guesthouse is not 5 stars but we felt like home.Breakfast was OK.It's closed to shopping area. Easy to go to the beach and good restaurant.Free WiFi is Perfect.Good amenity in room..shower gel,shampoo,soap,shower cap,cotton bud,drinking water,coffee everyday.

We could go to patong just only 15-20 minutes and phuket town about 45 minutes.
Recommend to the one who looking for accommodation in Kata with the resonable price not 5 stars service.

Room Tip: we got mountain room..Nice!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends