I am currently staying here and have prolonged.
We travel with smallish kids (3 and 6)
Only booked a standard room for 2 adults, but no problem. The standard rooms seem to be up the hilll, thus many stairs, but within one second we were given a room with no stairs to reception and pool.
Old and run down bathroom. Boiling hot water though. Fridge as big as at home, can even make icecubes
Guestbed can sleep 2 which makes the room 4 beds and big enough for a family with luggage and all.
3 pools. One on upper floor for tvose who dwell further up the hill. Pain if the elevators fail, but seeing that we are at downlevel we only heard others talk about that problem. We always got a place at rhe pool no matter what time we arrived.
Breakfast has big variety. We had to cue at times. Very organized though. Did not wait longer than 5 Minutes. Despite many guests buffet was always full and coffee fresh.
Absolutly worth mentioning is the free coffee at reception. I am used to a very high standard of coffee, I live on it. This machine makes some of the best coffee I ever got from a machine. Great latte macchiato. My kids loved the hot choclate it also produces.
Very professional staff. Speak many languages.
Used to be across the street from a lagoon, which is now a construction site. No noise though.
Our room is right at the bottom near the street. Busy street, but still a quiet room. Has a vers big terrase. (50 sqm)
Many shops and restaurants and market within 2 Minutes walk. About 5 minutes down the road to the beach pf Karon. Sandy beach, no sweetwater shower. Water clean. Sand so no snorkeling. Good with kids, little waves.
Laundry not far and 1/3 the price of Hotel.
I think that at EUR 50 to 60 is very good value. Above 80 you should find better, but maybe not at Karon Beach.
We have been to Thailand 3 times because it is easy to travel with kids. Phuket though is overall expensive and quite overcrowded. Feels like in Pattaya here, looking at the beach. Great for Partytime though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Ideally located on the small peaceful beach town of Kata, the Tropical Resort Group offers the three elegant different hotel styles, depending on your budget and taste namely" Tropical Resort, a luxurious elegant couple 4-star resort is located in the well-known Kata Beach, Phuket. It is an ideal resort for hideaway retreat. This luxurious resort ideally locates in the centre of the beach town of Kata in less than 10 minutes walk to the beach , Kata shoping Plaza, resatuarnts, banks dotted around the resort. To get to the nearby tourist spots is very easy. 20 minutes to Patong, 10 minutes to Kata View point etc.The couple theme Tropical Resort offers 13 luxurious deluxe pool access, 24 deluxe pool view and 28 superior pool view rooms. The room facilities are great to meet the guest’s need; separated show and bathtub with hot and cold water, LCD TV, DVD player, TV satellite channels, Tea coffee making facilities, bathrobe, full stock minibar, IDD phone, private safety box in room . The resort also provides internet access in room and internet room , a restaurant , a swim-up bar, tour desk, mail service, taxi service and doctor on call 24 hours.The wheel chair can access to the room.Let put your hair down on the tropical island resort with us.a touch of paradise on Kata beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Chanalai Romantica Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Hotel Kata Beach
- Chanalai Romantica Resort Phuket/Kata Beach