My husband and I stayed at Metadee this weekend for two nights (short trip from Singapore). We were looking for a direct pool access room in a resort with a great pool at Kata or Karon beach. Metadee had this, however it was a disappointment in other areas.
Pros - the stretch of pool that winds through the direct access rooms is wonderful and we absolutely loved it
- the room was nice and large. We were very happy with it.
Cons - when we first arrived we were advised that due to "some problems" we were being given a free room upgrade to a private pool villa. The villa was very disappointing. The pool was extremely small, so small in fact that my husband thought it was the spa pool and they were going to then show us our actual pool. The villa was large but not particularly inviting. The outdoor area was small with a high wall. The whole setup had a very closed-off depressing feel about it. We asked to be taken back to the reception to see if we could have the room we had actually booked. Reception was pretty unhappy to hear our request and there was lots of umming and ahhing, but they finally acquiesced. We were more than happy with the direct access room and its surroundings when we were eventually taken there.
- We returned to our room after lunch the next day and our room hadn't been made up by housekeeping. After going in the pool three or four times our towels were all rather wet (2 x pool towels and 2 x shower towels) and so as instructed, we left them on the bath as a signal that we wanted new ones. By 2 pm our room still hadn't been cleaned. I called reception to ask that someone bring us up some new towels. An hour later housekeeping came and cleaned the room, leaving us some new pool towels, but not shower towels. They just took our wet shower towels out of the bath and rehung them on the rack. Upon finding them I called reception again to say the towels were not changed as requested and to please send up some new ones. They assured me that housekeeping would come straight up. Noone ever came.
- the two other resorts we have stayed at in the area are Katathani and Kata Beach Resort. Friendly customer service was a priority at both of these resorts, but we didn't find that was the case at Metadee. Staff would greet you with a smile or hello, but dealing with anyone on reception or on the phone wasn't that pleasant. Noone seemed eager to help and I certainly didn't feel like they were listening to what you said. As soon as they thought they knew what you wanted they would interrupt or cease to listen. It felt like they were just trying to get rid of you as soon as possible.
- although the stretch of pool with the direct access rooms was fantastic, the main section of pool was pretty small and average. I would be very disappointed if I had had a normal room.
Things to note
- the walk up the driveway and to the main Kata shops wasn't as bad as I anticipated from the reviews on there. The driveway is probably about a 3 min walk and the walk up the street is about an additional 5 min walk.
- We found the italian restaurant at the top of the driveway to be excellent. Best pizza we've had in Asia and the pasta was homemade and very good. The restaurant was opened very late for dinner (our Friday night flight arrived quite late).
So in summary, great pool but I wouldn't stay again due to the service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Fastbooking, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Metadee Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metadee Resort And Villas Hotel Kata Beach
- Metadee Resort And Villas Phuket/Kata Beach