Metadee Resort and Villas
Rico's Bungalows(Kata Beach)
  • Restaurant
Natalie Resort(Kata Beach)
1,440 results
All reviewsprivate pool villathe main roadpool accessbuggy servicemosquito netmain poolamazing poolgolf buggyoutdoor showerevery hourhuge poolbeach baghourly shuttlewestern foodrain showerour honeymoonbreakfast staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Loved this hotel, beautiful rooms. We stayed in the deluxe pool access and the room was just amazing. Fantastic large pool area, great selection of food at breakfast and lunch and dinner at the restaurant were delicious.
My only negative comment is that although the staff were lovely, the staff at reception desk need better english. It was frustrating at times that they couldnt help us with basic things, such as laundry collection and airport transfers. We had family arrive to the hotel the day after us and there was a lot of confusion and drama as to whether they had been collected at the airport or not!
Despite this I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat, if i get such a good deal on agoda again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Third time to Phuket, this time with my parents. Stayed in Metadee for 3 nights with 2 rooms in the 2nd floors. It is an average hotel in all areas ( price, service, location...). i didn't find too many shining points, though do like the pool. It is not too big but lovely,and water is very clean. Two obvious weakness - 1) tooooo many Mosquitos. I am living in 2nd floors but still a lot...I guess it suffers more who living in 1st floor and villas. 2) it takes longer time than I expect to the beach(I was told 10 mins).

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Metadee
Due to mixed reviews on trip advisor I decided to make my own account as the daily proceeding developed during our stay.
We arranged an airport pick up which was 5 min late due to road works.
On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by the staff (smiles).
Check-in welcome drinks followed by cold towels, then shown to our room 4109 pool access villa. All the room amenities were shown to us ,please be aware the key fob only works in one way which we found out on our return in the evening in darkness !
There is a free bar ( soft drinks only)filled daily.
The pool is heated its just like walking into a warm bath perhaps just a bit to warm for me ,but thats just my opinion.
Went out in the evening took the buggy to the end for the road,on our return called for pick back to the Hotel. It was "Mr Happy" himself whom we had read about before and I would agree needs to be told to improve his customer manners.
Breakfast as you would expect hot and cold dishes and smoothies made to order,again all the staff were very friendly and very helpful.
Maid service came in the afternoon again with a smile and a little wave to let us know she was about to carry out her duties,all okay, comments made by others about sheets bedding towels were unfounded ours were very clean and good condition.
We ate at the restaurant on the 15th Nov as the hotel put on Loi Krathong evening
Tommy the general manger introduced herself and started the festivities with live music, two bands played during the evening which we found enjoyable, even when the rain came down on us the festivities continued and concluded with the floating offerings into the pool.
The hotel spa was offering BOGOF so we thought we would give it a try,it was not the best I have had but far from the worst.If you like a nice clean room for two persons then give it try.There are several massage places, the one down the bottom of the road was poor be warned.
Walk out of the road to the left until you find tomato restaurant head to the bottom and look for three massage shops all together,first one you come was okay for us.
On the Wi Fi problems ...we had problems when more than one device was connected at one time other than that all okay
To conclude my wife and I enjoyed our stay at Metadee and I would not let some of the past negative reviews put you off booking.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gisomac
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Metadee this weekend for two nights (short trip from Singapore). We were looking for a direct pool access room in a resort with a great pool at Kata or Karon beach. Metadee had this, however it was a disappointment in other areas.

Pros - the stretch of pool that winds through the direct access rooms is wonderful and we absolutely loved it
- the room was nice and large. We were very happy with it.

Cons - when we first arrived we were advised that due to "some problems" we were being given a free room upgrade to a private pool villa. The villa was very disappointing. The pool was extremely small, so small in fact that my husband thought it was the spa pool and they were going to then show us our actual pool. The villa was large but not particularly inviting. The outdoor area was small with a high wall. The whole setup had a very closed-off depressing feel about it. We asked to be taken back to the reception to see if we could have the room we had actually booked. Reception was pretty unhappy to hear our request and there was lots of umming and ahhing, but they finally acquiesced. We were more than happy with the direct access room and its surroundings when we were eventually taken there.

- We returned to our room after lunch the next day and our room hadn't been made up by housekeeping. After going in the pool three or four times our towels were all rather wet (2 x pool towels and 2 x shower towels) and so as instructed, we left them on the bath as a signal that we wanted new ones. By 2 pm our room still hadn't been cleaned. I called reception to ask that someone bring us up some new towels. An hour later housekeeping came and cleaned the room, leaving us some new pool towels, but not shower towels. They just took our wet shower towels out of the bath and rehung them on the rack. Upon finding them I called reception again to say the towels were not changed as requested and to please send up some new ones. They assured me that housekeeping would come straight up. Noone ever came.
- the two other resorts we have stayed at in the area are Katathani and Kata Beach Resort. Friendly customer service was a priority at both of these resorts, but we didn't find that was the case at Metadee. Staff would greet you with a smile or hello, but dealing with anyone on reception or on the phone wasn't that pleasant. Noone seemed eager to help and I certainly didn't feel like they were listening to what you said. As soon as they thought they knew what you wanted they would interrupt or cease to listen. It felt like they were just trying to get rid of you as soon as possible.
- although the stretch of pool with the direct access rooms was fantastic, the main section of pool was pretty small and average. I would be very disappointed if I had had a normal room.

Things to note
- the walk up the driveway and to the main Kata shops wasn't as bad as I anticipated from the reviews on there. The driveway is probably about a 3 min walk and the walk up the street is about an additional 5 min walk.
- We found the italian restaurant at the top of the driveway to be excellent. Best pizza we've had in Asia and the pasta was homemade and very good. The restaurant was opened very late for dinner (our Friday night flight arrived quite late).

So in summary, great pool but I wouldn't stay again due to the service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RachaelMorris
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed at Deluxe Pool View Room for 6 nights there and enjoyed it so much. The room is big, love the bathroom. Walking distance to Kata beach, but why would you need the beach when you have a nice heated swimming pool at the resort. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast was perfect. The only issue I have during my stay was the internet connection keeps logging you out.

Room Tip: More privacy and secure on Deluxe Pool-View Room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo