“Lovely but missing some little things ”

Metadee Resort and Villas
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Lovely but missing some little things ”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We were very happy
With this hotel. Great location but very long drive way which we were fully aware before booking so wasn't a drama at all, especially with the 4 or more buggys they had to drive you back and forth whenever you wanted it was great. Staff were hit and miss, some were amazing and very helpful and the others were a little blunt or just non responsive when trying to be friendly with them. Rooms were good with a great view of the pool and back of the Buddha. The most disappointing thing was the wifi with only very slow internet available and of one of you from the room was on it, it would kick the other one off. Only having one room
Key also was frustrating. Would probably come back again however but need to change just a couple of small things. Including maybe the room service food. Pretty average for a nice hotel.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Benji W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Invercargill, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

What can I say about this lovely establishment! I have nothing but good things to say! For me it was my very first overseas holiday and the staff here made it very relaxing and they were all so friendly and bent over backwards for you especially Boy in the restaurant he was amazing! Loved the food the pool the room right down to the sweet little lady that serviced our room her name was Nana was nice to see a note saying "your room was services by Nana" I would highly recommend the Metadee to anyone!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richardjones1
Kata Beach, Thailand
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

i stay with my family
and have good time hotel clean staff very professional
and the room really relaxing and interial
fantastic
recomand to all
the beach is near easy to get in
around have many thai restaurant up to your taste
please if you there ceck it

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This resort locates in a quiet place. But it's not far from the main road, restaurants, shops,

I stayed in the private pool villa. The villa is clean and big. The furniture are new. No mould on the bathroom, bath tub. No dirt on the bed sheet, towels. (it's essential... but lots of hotels cannot provide it!) It has the devices and lemongrass essence oil to repel the mosquitoes.
The private pool is a bit small, but can stay there with that price. I think it's ok.

Breakfast is simple and good. Have western and thai breakfast. The food are fresh and staffs always refill it.

Room Tip: Private pool villa is a good choice.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kiyaco
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here for a week with my partner and we both really enjoyed it, we booked a pool access room as we liked the idea and we defiantly made use of the lovely pool, probably the best thing about the hotel! We did also make use of the beach which was about a 15-20 min walk from the hotel.

Check in went well from the moment we arrived we was in our room within 15 minutes, we probably arrived at a good time as no other guests were checking in or out at the time.

Our room was lovely and spacious, bed was comfortable and the bathroom was again clean and had the best bath tub! The room was also cleaned on a daily basis, fresh towels put out etc.

Breakfast wasn't the greatest but again we had it included in the price we paid so we tried to make the most of it, at night we normally ate out of the hotel as plenty of restaurants to choose from at a much cheaper rate then the hotel.

I would defiantly recommend to stay here if your looking for a relaxing/quiet holiday.

Room Tip: Pool access or Villa
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren_8923
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Me and my husband travelled in Oct last year to Phuket for our honeymoon trip and spent time in various hotel in phuket, but we found Metadee is the worst one compared to others. The only good point of this hotel is nice large pool, some staffs attitude. I'm thai married with Farang. Service at check in is not prompt, I do have to support my husband due to barrier of english speaking which is fine, but the most disappointed is male staffs attitude especially when they look at me while walking around the resort. our room is big enough but look like the maintainance will be added after some years. breakfast is OK, room service you will get something you don't order we return and it's still on our bill at check out. No manager around to help I told my husband to pay for what we don't use and will never recommend and come back anyway. Overall bad experience!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank chlm M
Perth
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The resort was very nice and I enjoyed the seclusion of being off the main road, it made the resort seem a lot quieter and secluded. There wasn't many people there when I was staying there and this made the resort itself quiet as well, which was nice as there were plenty of lounges by the pool and my family of 6 could all easily sit in a row. The rooms were comfortable and large and the bathrooms were very nice, however the pillows were way to thick to the point where I couldn't even use them. The pool was beautiful and warm and sitting by it all day was great. The Kata area is much nicer for families and relaxing than Patong, so really enjoyed the area.

The service was a bit poor. Usually it was absolutely spectacular, with all the staff being very polite and courteous, however if asked to go a little out of their way there would sometimes be a little bit of hesitation or reluctance.
The only reason I'm giving it a 4 and not a 5 is the service and price. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
#2 of 56 in Kata Beach
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort

Been to Metadee Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!