“Splendid value for money”

Metadee Resort and Villas
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
“Splendid value for money”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

(Background for review: My husband and I spent 9 nights at Metadee Resort for our honeymoon. We've been to Phuket many times together and tried different resorts each time.) We think this resort is a great value for money. Tucked away from the main street, hence the resort will be quiet and peaceful. It's just a stone's throw away from a street of wonderful restaurants and 5 min walk from the beach. It's also just 10 min drive away from Patong, that offers more restaurant choices and shopping. We chose to stay at Kata because it's more laid back. We got a pool access room and enjoy swimming from front of our room to the main area everyday. I find the staff are very friendly and room is clean. The waiters and cleaners always have a smile on their face. The resort is just a couple minutes walk from Wine Connection that offers great food and it offers a nice ambiance for a night out with your partner. The pool is lovely with lots of green, it's cleaned every 2-3 days in our stay. 'Cos of the greens in the resort, there'll be bit of mosquitoes in your room and while you sit at the balcony, so my tip is to get an anti-moz spray. My only tip for the resort in making my stay better is more fumigation to rid the mosquitoes. Other than that, the resort is lovely and I'll love to be back. Some reviewers say that the massage area right outside the hotel is good but I didn't like it as much. Metadee is having a 1 for 1 promotion for their spa and it's really lovely. We've eaten breakfast at the resort for 8 mornings and we have no complaints about it. The spread is pretty good but we always just go for the toasts and eggs. Anyway if you didn't like the food, there are tons of cafes down the street.

Room Tip: Get a pool access room, you will love it
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kitty L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night stay here and I feel compelled to write a review due to the exceptional care and service which was shown to us during our stay. Every member of staff and particularly the reception and management staff were incredibly helpful and caring. We stayed in a pool villa which was perfect for our family of 4. Our kids are 10 and 9 and slept on the big day bed in the room and the bathroom was huge and had a lovely indoor/outdoor feel. The food at the restaurant was great and non expensive and the breakfasts have plenty of choice. We didn't book breakfast as part of our stay but ended up having breakfast every day as was so convenient and good value. The pool is nothing short of spectacular and great for kids who like swimming all day. Plenty of lounge beds and the pool is SOOOO big you hardly notice anyone else in there with you. It has a huge main area but also sweeps around the side of the villas passing by all the other pool access villas. A real workout if you swim to the end and back! As you swim around towards the waterfall at the end you go under bridges and fountains and at night is is lit up underwater with thousands of pretty lights. The temp of the water was always warm, at times a little too warm, but I'd rater that than too cold and we were there at the hottest time of year. The location is great and an easy 10 min walk to the beach, restaurants and bars although there is a free shuttle bus every hour to the beach if you prefer and there is always someone waiting to take you in the buggy to the main shopping street. During our stay we unfortunately had an emergency reason to go to the hospital and we were accompanied by an English speaking staff member and a driver (free of charge) the whole time who looked after us, stayed with us and returned with us around midnight. She even stopped to get more ice for our injury on the way home just as a additional kindness. It was over and beyond what I would have expected of the staff and management but very much needed and appreciated. I would highly recommend this resort for a peaceful, secure and relaxing stay with great facilities and service and in a convenient location for shopping and eating out.

Room Tip: the pool villas are lovely if you want a sunny outdoor area in private otherwise the pool access vil...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank StickyRice12
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in metadee resort for 9 nights and it was a good holiday! The hotel is located near the beach and restaurants and has a buggy service to take you to the main road!
The hotel is beautiful and the pool great we stayed in pool access room and it was the right choice you walk out of your room directly to the pool!
The staff in the pool area and in the breakfast area are very nice and helpful, but some of the reception staff are not!
Only down was sometimes you'll catch bugs in your room do to rooms be close to plants and trees but overall was a great stay

• Stayed April 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Might be a little late in contributing a review (stayed here in Oct 13), but better late than never.

Overall, the ambience, environment and location of the resort was good, but the service and attitude of some of the staff leave a bitter taste in your mouth. For the price I paid, this type of service is definitely disappointing and I am pretty sure that other similarly-priced resorts would provide better service.

Before arriving at the resort, I had enquired about a possible late check-out, as my flight was late at night, and was told that it would be possible, we need only inform the reception and pay the additional amount. Imagine my surprise when I enquired at the reception and was told by a surly female staff with a really bad attitude that late check-outs weren't allowed. I tried reasoning with her, which was when she started to get impatient and raised her voice at me, rudely telling me off that late check-outs weren't allowed. This type of service, coming from a better resort, was a major turn-off. The reason was that they were fully booked, which was rubbish in my opinion, and then I was rudely dismissed. My partner then tried to enquire about a late check-out sometime later in the day, and was again rudely dismissed by the same staff who again raised her voice. Sometime in the evening, after the staff had changed shifts, I went to the reception again and enquired about a late check out. A different female staff was on hand and she politely informed me that it was possible, I only had to pay the additional amount. In my opinion, staff in this resort grant your requests based on whether they like you or not, which was the sense I got from some of the staff in the resort. Same goes when we had breakfast in the restaurant.

Aside from the service of the staff, the resort was alright. The journey from the airport to the resort is a long one, about an hour to an hour and a half, so it's best to settle all your needs before leaving the airport. We took a taxi from the airport to the resort, but on our return back to the airport, we hired a private car, which costs almost as much as the taxi ride but way more comfortable, so I would recommend that you get a private car back to the airport. My partner and I stayed in a villa with a private pool which was located deeper inside the resort. The room was cool, which is a relief when you've been out and about the whole day in the hot sun. There was a scent of lemongrass lingering in the air, which is pretty common in Thailand, and also helped to chase away the mosquitoes. The room was huge, with a poster bed in the middle of the room. My only complain was that the sitting area was at a corner of the room, while the tv was placed in front of the bed, so were you to sit at the sitting area, you wouldn't be able to watch the tv, but that's not a big deal. The bathroom was amazing. It was huge, with a clean tub set on pebbles, and separate cubicles for showering. The highlight of the bathroom was the outdoor rainshower, which allowed you to shower while looking at greenery and listening to the sounds of nature. The pool, though, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. The resort is a 10-15 minutes walk to Kata beach, which isn't as chaotic or packed as Patong beach. The resort also provides you with a complimentary beach bag with towels and slippers that you can take with you to the beach (only, please do not take it home with you or they'll charge for it).

In short, while the room was great, I doubt I will be staying in this resort again, because the service and attitude of the staff leave a lot to be desired. For the price I paid, I am pretty certain I'll get a better deal and will have a better experience with staff from other similarly-priced resorts.

Room Tip: Get a villa with a private pool if you are able to afford it, it is much quieter and away from the m...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sputniksweetheart027
Reviewed 28 April 2014

For the sake of this review, My partner and I are a 26 year old, newly married couple from Tasmania, Australia.
My partner and I stayed at the Metadee shortly after Easter weekend for a week, and overall were very impressed. We got the airport pick up service, which was approximately $40AUD, the driver was waiting for us smiling. Arriving at the resort, the reception staff were extremely friendly, ran us through the paperwork and then we were ferried to our room via buggy.
The room itself was very nice, very clean with pool access. Sheets were flawlessly clean, and the hotel had laid some roses on the bed for us.
Pool was awesome as you would expect, very clean.
I did have a few issues with the hotel, but I wouldn't neccessarily call them complaints, but rather feedback. The hotel bar is a little expensive compared to the street bars. You do expect this at the hotel, but a cocktail at happy hour for example is 240 baht, which is just under $10AUD. It is certainly not a bar you would want to drink exclusively at, as it is only just shy of Aus prices. Cocktails at restaraunts in the area (nice ones) generally are between 120-160 baht. Again, not a complaint, just a heads up for travellers who may be planning on sitting in the pool drinking cocktails their entire holiday.
The food on the other hand, is very nice and well priced. The free breakfast each morning is nothing amazing, but it satisfied us every day and saved us a lot of money over the course of our trip. The hotel also provides a complimentary bottle of water each day, which is definitely needed.
Overall, my partner and I would definitely stay there again, and agree with all the positive reviews on this website.
We have absolutely no complaints about the staff, which some of the other reviews mention. Every staff member was polite and friendly, often making us laugh. We stayed there a week the staff and the staff were impeccable. Restaraunt, bar staff and especially the buggy drivers all happily helped us, often without us saying anything. Even the security guy on the boom gate was giving us a laugh and smile everytime we went past.
Another thing to note with this hotel is, it was absolutely dead silent in the room areas. In our room, not once did we hear any human noise. A short walk to the bar though and you had some pumping music, so don't think its an old folks home either! They also have a taxi you can use which is well priced, often only 100baht more than a tuk-tuk, so if you are heading anywhere and want a comfortable, air conditioned ride, don't be afraid to ask them for a price to your desired location.
If you are after somewhere to stay in Kata, this is the place.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room with pool access. It was great being able to slip into the pool dir...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
geelong
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at metadee for a friends wedding. The hotel was overall very good. We've stayed in patong a number of times but kata was something different. The hotel was great. Good breakfast selection over looking the pool. The pool water was rather warm not cool as expecting in a tropical location
Wifi was good as we could contact family back home. Fast speeds too.
Hotel staff were good. Sometimes the buggy drivers would roll their eyes when asked to drive you up the driveway.
On checkout at 5am we went to fix up our room service bill. The credit card machine did not work for some reason (maybe the banks turn them off overnight not sure) but staff member was quite rude and demanded we pay cash. They ended up driving me down to the ATM at the end of the driveway and left me there to be mauled by the feral dogs that roam the streets. I made it out unscathed and paid the bill to which the staff member was still very rude.
Disappointing finish to the trip.
Apart from that I would stay here again but prefer Patong. As the nightlife is better and the people are more friendly.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cheese20Geelong
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Chose to stay here after several research on review sites. Booking with the hotel or OTAs are the same. Would be better off if the hotel offer something additional for direct bookings.

We were well-received at the airport by the staff. Journey to the resort was long but a comfortable one. Arrived to be informed that our private pool villa was ready. What a great news! Check-in was prompt and smooth. Staffs were quite smiley.

We were directed to the room on a buggy. Our room was located more to e end of e resort but was actually just 5 mins walk to the lobby. Our room was extremely spacious. Those who like some privacy would definately love this room. You can use the pool anytime you like because e main pool closes at 7pm. The bathroom was huge with a big bathtub. Overall I just love the room! The only downside would be a small number of flying little creatures.

Breakfast was so-so. Quite basic with addional of a few hot dishes. Coffee served without teaspoon? Self refill? Just some small things for restaurant service improvement.

Reception service was alright. They were friendly but quite blur on several occasions. Proberly due to communication barrier.

The location is quite ideal. Short 10mins walk from the beach. Many restaurants and massage parlour along the way. (The hotel do provide one way transfer every hour from 8am.)

Overall, our stay was a pleasant experience. Will consider staying here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
#3 of 56 in Kata Beach
Nook Dee Boutique Resort by Andacura
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort

Been to Metadee Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!