“little paradise”

Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Kampong Tanah Merah, null, Singapore
“little paradise”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

room: spacious and well maintained, the bed is big and softness is just right, just wish there were more pillows, comes with a mosquito net which was super needed as there are so many mosquitos when we went.. the room smelled so good and the bathroom had a big bath tub great for soaking after a long day of diving

location: near enough to go the centre, but far enough from the chaos to have some quiet relaxation, they provide a van service to kata beach, although i must say it's not needed as it's a nice stroll going to the beach. they also provide a golf cart service as the resort is quite inward from the main street.

service: didnt really feel the service, and the staff were pretty quiet and just did the transactions without speaking to us, this does not mean the service wasnt okay, it was pretty much standard

ambiance: they have a huge pool nice for dipping after a day at the beach or just lounging around drinking beers by the pool

breakfast was good, lots of choices, especially happy they had bacon and fresh fruit juices :p

overall, i'd still go back to metadee on any trip back to phuket

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EAndyB_0509

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Went there in May 2014. Great value for money, clean rooms, very creative designs and interior, nice mood, nice pool area, good food, perfect location in kata, nice facilities and helpful staff. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kholios
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have just spent 6 nights at this fantastic Resort....we absolutely loved it. We highly recommend a pool access room...its great to be able to step out from your room and straight into the pool for a refreshing swim. The Staff were very friendly and obliging and more than happy to go out of their way to please. With a short buggy ride to the main street and a few minutes walk to the beach, shops and restaurants it was in a perfect position. All food, cocktails and other drinks were reasonably priced and very nice....especially the breakfast. Thank you to all the staff at the Metadee, you made our 1st time in Kata Beach a fantastic experience and will definitely be back!! Terrie & Terry

Room Tip: Pool Access definitely a must
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

(Background for review: My husband and I spent 9 nights at Metadee Resort for our honeymoon. We've been to Phuket many times together and tried different resorts each time.) We think this resort is a great value for money. Tucked away from the main street, hence the resort will be quiet and peaceful. It's just a stone's throw away from a street of wonderful restaurants and 5 min walk from the beach. It's also just 10 min drive away from Patong, that offers more restaurant choices and shopping. We chose to stay at Kata because it's more laid back. We got a pool access room and enjoy swimming from front of our room to the main area everyday. I find the staff are very friendly and room is clean. The waiters and cleaners always have a smile on their face. The resort is just a couple minutes walk from Wine Connection that offers great food and it offers a nice ambiance for a night out with your partner. The pool is lovely with lots of green, it's cleaned every 2-3 days in our stay. 'Cos of the greens in the resort, there'll be bit of mosquitoes in your room and while you sit at the balcony, so my tip is to get an anti-moz spray. My only tip for the resort in making my stay better is more fumigation to rid the mosquitoes. Other than that, the resort is lovely and I'll love to be back. Some reviewers say that the massage area right outside the hotel is good but I didn't like it as much. Metadee is having a 1 for 1 promotion for their spa and it's really lovely. We've eaten breakfast at the resort for 8 mornings and we have no complaints about it. The spread is pretty good but we always just go for the toasts and eggs. Anyway if you didn't like the food, there are tons of cafes down the street.

Room Tip: Get a pool access room, you will love it
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kitty L
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night stay here and I feel compelled to write a review due to the exceptional care and service which was shown to us during our stay. Every member of staff and particularly the reception and management staff were incredibly helpful and caring. We stayed in a pool villa which was perfect for our family of 4. Our kids are 10 and 9 and slept on the big day bed in the room and the bathroom was huge and had a lovely indoor/outdoor feel. The food at the restaurant was great and non expensive and the breakfasts have plenty of choice. We didn't book breakfast as part of our stay but ended up having breakfast every day as was so convenient and good value. The pool is nothing short of spectacular and great for kids who like swimming all day. Plenty of lounge beds and the pool is SOOOO big you hardly notice anyone else in there with you. It has a huge main area but also sweeps around the side of the villas passing by all the other pool access villas. A real workout if you swim to the end and back! As you swim around towards the waterfall at the end you go under bridges and fountains and at night is is lit up underwater with thousands of pretty lights. The temp of the water was always warm, at times a little too warm, but I'd rater that than too cold and we were there at the hottest time of year. The location is great and an easy 10 min walk to the beach, restaurants and bars although there is a free shuttle bus every hour to the beach if you prefer and there is always someone waiting to take you in the buggy to the main shopping street. During our stay we unfortunately had an emergency reason to go to the hospital and we were accompanied by an English speaking staff member and a driver (free of charge) the whole time who looked after us, stayed with us and returned with us around midnight. She even stopped to get more ice for our injury on the way home just as a additional kindness. It was over and beyond what I would have expected of the staff and management but very much needed and appreciated. I would highly recommend this resort for a peaceful, secure and relaxing stay with great facilities and service and in a convenient location for shopping and eating out.

Room Tip: the pool villas are lovely if you want a sunny outdoor area in private otherwise the pool access vil...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank StickyRice12
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in metadee resort for 9 nights and it was a good holiday! The hotel is located near the beach and restaurants and has a buggy service to take you to the main road!
The hotel is beautiful and the pool great we stayed in pool access room and it was the right choice you walk out of your room directly to the pool!
The staff in the pool area and in the breakfast area are very nice and helpful, but some of the reception staff are not!
Only down was sometimes you'll catch bugs in your room do to rooms be close to plants and trees but overall was a great stay

• Stayed April 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Might be a little late in contributing a review (stayed here in Oct 13), but better late than never.

Overall, the ambience, environment and location of the resort was good, but the service and attitude of some of the staff leave a bitter taste in your mouth. For the price I paid, this type of service is definitely disappointing and I am pretty sure that other similarly-priced resorts would provide better service.

Before arriving at the resort, I had enquired about a possible late check-out, as my flight was late at night, and was told that it would be possible, we need only inform the reception and pay the additional amount. Imagine my surprise when I enquired at the reception and was told by a surly female staff with a really bad attitude that late check-outs weren't allowed. I tried reasoning with her, which was when she started to get impatient and raised her voice at me, rudely telling me off that late check-outs weren't allowed. This type of service, coming from a better resort, was a major turn-off. The reason was that they were fully booked, which was rubbish in my opinion, and then I was rudely dismissed. My partner then tried to enquire about a late check-out sometime later in the day, and was again rudely dismissed by the same staff who again raised her voice. Sometime in the evening, after the staff had changed shifts, I went to the reception again and enquired about a late check out. A different female staff was on hand and she politely informed me that it was possible, I only had to pay the additional amount. In my opinion, staff in this resort grant your requests based on whether they like you or not, which was the sense I got from some of the staff in the resort. Same goes when we had breakfast in the restaurant.

Aside from the service of the staff, the resort was alright. The journey from the airport to the resort is a long one, about an hour to an hour and a half, so it's best to settle all your needs before leaving the airport. We took a taxi from the airport to the resort, but on our return back to the airport, we hired a private car, which costs almost as much as the taxi ride but way more comfortable, so I would recommend that you get a private car back to the airport. My partner and I stayed in a villa with a private pool which was located deeper inside the resort. The room was cool, which is a relief when you've been out and about the whole day in the hot sun. There was a scent of lemongrass lingering in the air, which is pretty common in Thailand, and also helped to chase away the mosquitoes. The room was huge, with a poster bed in the middle of the room. My only complain was that the sitting area was at a corner of the room, while the tv was placed in front of the bed, so were you to sit at the sitting area, you wouldn't be able to watch the tv, but that's not a big deal. The bathroom was amazing. It was huge, with a clean tub set on pebbles, and separate cubicles for showering. The highlight of the bathroom was the outdoor rainshower, which allowed you to shower while looking at greenery and listening to the sounds of nature. The pool, though, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. The resort is a 10-15 minutes walk to Kata beach, which isn't as chaotic or packed as Patong beach. The resort also provides you with a complimentary beach bag with towels and slippers that you can take with you to the beach (only, please do not take it home with you or they'll charge for it).

In short, while the room was great, I doubt I will be staying in this resort again, because the service and attitude of the staff leave a lot to be desired. For the price I paid, I am pretty certain I'll get a better deal and will have a better experience with staff from other similarly-priced resorts.

Room Tip: Get a villa with a private pool if you are able to afford it, it is much quieter and away from the m...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
#3 of 56 in Kata Beach
Nook Dee Boutique Resort by Andacura
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort

Been to Metadee Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!