Spent 6 nights in January. I chose it because it's new and I wanted an average priced hotel close to the beach and everything. I like that it was clean, and smelled like new. But the rooms are very small, the hallway looks like a school dorm. We had a baby cot and had to move it every time I opened the closet, it was so cramped. The place seems more like a transit place. Every night there were 2-3 buses with Korean tourist checking in. I had to wait in line at the elevator. And early in the mornings, we sure heard them banging the doors as they were rolling out. Only one or two hundred of them. Out of the 5 hotels I stayed in the 24 days in Thailand this was the only hotel with no breakfast included. It was a mistake, I ended up spending more. The breakfast is about 6 Euros. The internet is 4.5 Euro/hour ( it all adds up in a week believe me).
The service was poor. Although we arrived after 12 pm and we had two small children they told as we had to wait 1 hour for the rooms to be cleaned. They do not help with the luggage. Not very accommodating.
All in all I don't think is good value for the money. If I would do it again I would choose something that has more class, bigger rooms, complementary breakfast and free internet even if a spend a few more bucks. No, I would not recommend it. Not for 6 night. But for transit 1-2 days I think is fine.
One more thing! I am not from the hotel next door. I cannot tell you any other hotels I recommend in Puket but I just read in the local newspaper that they have 700 hotels in Phuket. So be patient and do your homework and you might have a better experience than me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for top value Phuket accommodation Bright, light filled and modern. Trendy, fresh and fun. Ibis Phuket Kata sits fiveminutes from the clear waters of Kata Beach. The hotel is ideal for families and couples alike with shopping, dining and nightlife just moments away. 258 rooms, 24 hour service, snacks and drinks. Surf, swim or soak up the sun in this friendly oasis - the perfect hideaway when relaxation is at the top of your list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, ACCOR, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ibis Phuket Kata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Phuket Kata Hotel Kata Beach
- Ibis Phuket Kata Kata Beach