“Quiet, a little far from the beach,boss is not friendly”
Review of Jinta Andaman

Jinta Andaman
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed there Nov 26 -28. The check in procedure was quick, and the reception lady was so nice that she allowed us a free early checkin at 9am. The room was rather wornout and the bed is really hard. There was even a broken floor tile in our room. The door is difficult to lock. Walk to the kata beach may need 10 to 15 minutes, and on the way there seems some better hotels. Anyway, it's ok as we only stay for two nights.

I agree with some of the previous reviews that there is no or little house keeping service. They have a small swimming pool which the kids enjoyed very much.

The check out was not a very pleasant experience. As we want to go to Phi Phi and stay for on night, I've asked the reception lady the day before if we can leave our luggage there for one day. She gladly agreed. The next moring after we checked out, the boss, an elder lady, asked us to pay 400 Baht for the left luggage. As our bus to the pier is waiting for us, we have no other choice at the moment, we paid. I've never stayed at a hotel who ask for left luggage fee from its guests. I must add that we are four families travelling togerther, two families stayed at their hotel for three nights, and the other two stayed for two nights. WE don't have many luggage, just a 22" case for each family, as we brought others to Phi Phi.

I would not recommend staying at this hotel, mainly becase the unfriendy and greedy boss. I would go back to Phuket next year, but will surely find another one to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Jinta Andaman

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I recently went to Phuket with my wife and stayed at Jinta Andaman. It was hard for the taxi to find, but this hidden little gem is well worth it. It's far enough from busy streets, but close enough to go to a reasonable selection of restaurants, bars and the beach.
The hotel was clean, the room was very nice, the bed was pretty hard but that's good for your back!
The lady from the restaurant -who's name I unfortunately don't remember- was very nice, talktative and attentive. And the coffee at breakfast is the best I've had in my life.
Their very small pool is fresh and clean, but don't swim too enthusiastically or else you'll flood the garden, like I did.
Their muesli breakfast is quite nice, didn't have any other food at their restaurant but it's reasonably priced so it might be worth trying.
The safety box is a bit of a pain, since the personnel has to open it with a key and whatnot, so I winged it and didn't use it -I had no problem at all.
If I went to Kata beach again, I'd definitely stay here. Good value for money.
WiFi in every room, and it works fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool, that way you'll also have a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ednarosario
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband booked this hotel reading that they had "the softest beds in Thailand" which is a complete lie. Not one place I stayed in Thailand had a soft bed, especially Jinta.
This was the last stop on our honeymoon and we stayed a whole week in Phuket. The woman that checked us in was so friendly and spoke great English. The room location we had was great, we didn't have to go through a hotel lobby or anything we just walk to our building and go up the stairs. The room itself was pretty average but we were happy with that.. quiet and private was all we needed.
Every time the cleaning lady came into our room, she turned off our air conditioning. It was extremely hot some days and my husband and I ended up catching a cold... it was horrible to leave the hotel for an hour, come back and not be instantly relieved by our cool room. I even put the air conditioning remote IN MY BAG one day and she looked through my stuff to find it! On top of that, we were eating in our room often because we felt ill and one night my husband accidentally spilled a few drops on the bed sheet.. the next day, cleaning lady comes when we weren't there and when we return I see the same spill on the sheet, just in another area! I don't feel like our sheets were ever changed. She just switches the sheet to the other side to look like its clean. AND THEN - She would never take out our old plates or food containers! They sat there for days until I started to put the dishes and food outside the door.
Other than the lack of cleanliness, I would have really recommended this place. I can't say if I would ever stay here again because across the street Rumblefish adventure seemed like a fantastic place to stay.. and even if you don't stay there its a great place to go scuba diving and get certified.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Pros: Excellent location away from hustle and bustle. Modern and clean rooms. Helpful staff (most of the time). Little cafe next door which does breakie for 100 baht.

Cons: Relatively expensive for the area. Not much to do in Kata area.

We stayed for two nights then moved to another place close by which was much cheaper (although not as nice). The room was very modern, clean and had all the mod cons; air con, fridge, tv etc etc.

Upon arrival we were quickly shown to our room,but nothing was really explained to us about our location, what facilities there were etc etc. We enquired about an extra pillow only to be told that the cleaners had gone home and the lad on the desk didn't have a key. Found that hard to believe to be honest. Seemed more like he was on his own and didn't really want to leave the desk.

In general the other staff were very friendly and helpful. We did eventually get a second pillow after asking on numerous occasions the next day.

The guesthouse is well located away from the main road. After reading other reviews at a later date it would appear they have a pool??? We were not told about it and certainly didn't see one. I would suspect it is very small without much sun if there is one. Would have been nice to be told as we are not great fans of the beach, especially very busy ones like kata beach. Also the beach is only accessible via a walk along a putrid river which is full of sewage and cockroaches. Alternatively you can walk round which takes about half an hour.

If you want to stay in Kata then we would recommend the Jinta Andaman. Personally we would not go back to the area as it is completely tourist orientated with not much else to do.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Nick C
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I spent one night at the "dorm". It is a big room that has 5 "cubicles" separated by walls with a curtain as a door for each, so you actually have your own privacy. There are two showers and two toilets shared by the dorm guests. Each cubicle has a small safe and an electric fan. I think the dorm guests are not entitled to use the pool, but not sure.

For this price (450 baht / night during peak season) I would come again for a short stay. Location is good, and Racha Guesthouse in the corner serves very good food.

Room Tip: Cubicle number 1 has a window and ceiling fan.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank EmmaR539
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We spent three nights at Jinta Andaman and there was definitely the softest bed in Thailand. The pool was small but neat and very peaceful. Across the street we could have very good breakfast for 100 bht.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Jinta Andaman is tucked into a quiet little corner in noisy Phuket. The private rooms are quite spacious, and relatively clean. Each room has a refrigerator on a separate power source (the a/c and lights work off of your room key), and a nice little balcony that's perfect for breakfasting. I only had two small issues with the place. The first was the bath mat had obviously not been changed after the previous guests checked out in either of the rooms I stayed in. The second was the lack of hairdryers in both rooms. Overall, I'd recommend Jinta Andaman to anyone choosing to stay in Phuket.

Room Tip: If possible, request a private room with a view of the pretty little blue pool and garden area of th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple