We stayed there Nov 26 -28. The check in procedure was quick, and the reception lady was so nice that she allowed us a free early checkin at 9am. The room was rather wornout and the bed is really hard. There was even a broken floor tile in our room. The door is difficult to lock. Walk to the kata beach may need 10 to 15 minutes, and on the way there seems some better hotels. Anyway, it's ok as we only stay for two nights.
I agree with some of the previous reviews that there is no or little house keeping service. They have a small swimming pool which the kids enjoyed very much.
The check out was not a very pleasant experience. As we want to go to Phi Phi and stay for on night, I've asked the reception lady the day before if we can leave our luggage there for one day. She gladly agreed. The next moring after we checked out, the boss, an elder lady, asked us to pay 400 Baht for the left luggage. As our bus to the pier is waiting for us, we have no other choice at the moment, we paid. I've never stayed at a hotel who ask for left luggage fee from its guests. I must add that we are four families travelling togerther, two families stayed at their hotel for three nights, and the other two stayed for two nights. WE don't have many luggage, just a 22" case for each family, as we brought others to Phi Phi.
I would not recommend staying at this hotel, mainly becase the unfriendy and greedy boss. I would go back to Phuket next year, but will surely find another one to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jinta Andaman , An asian stylish boutique house is located at Kata beach . Our place is just 500 meters to Kata Beach, walking distance to Karon beach, 15 minutes drive to Patong beach, 30 minutes to Phuket Town and 50 minutes from Phuket International Airport. We have the private standard rooms, deluxe rooms and female dormitory room with room services provided to all room types. Our facilities are swimming pool, Restaurant,massage, Parking place, and the services are including transfer from/to airport, Free wifi, Check in 24 hrs,Motor bike for rent, tour desk, Laundry. We are located at quiet place in the center of kata beach village where you can walk to beach, fruits market, fresh market, international food and thai local food restaurant, bars, pubs and many acyivities more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jinta Andaman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jinta Andaman Hotel Karon
- Jinta Andaman Phuket/Kata Beach