The service was excellent at reception and at the restaurant. Nice to be welcomed with juice, cold refreshing towels and flower garlands :)
It was a little confusing to find the room the first few times as there are two buildings with elevators and different floors - but it was easy once it was figured out.
The room cleaning on the second day was quite a surprise - there were still things that had found their way on the floor that should have been picked up with just a little attention to detail (like a lost popcorn and a bottle top)... It was unfortunate, but didn't detract.
We rented a movie on one of the rainy nights. It came with popcorn and two pops, which was cute. We also had a massage at the spa, while a great service - was pricey compared to what was available outside.
The young gentleman on the table with all the trips was super helpful - Miguel, I think? He gave us honest answers and arranged our time there. You can't negotiate the prices, but well worth the practicality of having it all done.
The shuttles to the beach and patong were quite convenient and considerate - there could always be more, of course. The "hike up" that is mentioned is quite accurate - but it is quite managable. Unless you have limitations or discomfort in walking, it can be done.
Higher rooms were better. It was helpful having the taxi stand outside the door and the staff were very helpful in getting things organized for us. However, we were offered a packed breakfast one day before our day trip, and somehow the restaurant got so busy that they couldn't get it done.
We loved the swim up bar. There were a lot of options for the breakfast, but I wasn't blown away. We chose not to eat there for lunch or dinner as it was quite pricey, and there were lots of options in town. We were glad to be away from the crazies at Patong beach!
Overall though, absolutely worth it. I just wanted to be fair in my comments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in luxurious accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort & Spa at Kata Beach. Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Novotel Phuket Kata, not just any other hotels -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel's design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. The nice hotel's pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort And Spa Kata Beach